close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Assassination attempt last night. Careless Cell Phone Lady Soccer Mom Cager

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eurodriver, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Last night I was at an intersection, the following graphic represents what occurred.

[​IMG]

I was sitting in the left lane, with my blinker on, minding my own business. The light was red, and I was waiting for the turn arrow. Its a fairly quiet neighborhood intersection and there were a few cars around, but not many. Maybe one or two vehicles passed through the intersection perpendicular to me.

As the light turned yellow, careless cell phone lady soccer mom cager decided she was going to run it, but didnt want to be bothered by putting her phone down of course. At the last second, she saw me and came to a screetching halt right in front of me where she honked her horn, and then gave me the middle finger. (She did both of these while remaining on the phone - if only she was as talented at making left turns as she was at hurling insults)

I looked behind me at first, thinking "Wow, there's no way she's yelling at me. I'm inside the lane minding my own business. " So I turned around - but no one was behind me. Then I looked at the car to my right, and she gave me a "LOL" face and shook her head.

Well, I didnt know it yet but guy in the purple car up ahead had turned right. He confronted her at the next intersection and boxed her in. I found this out as I turned down the road. As I was walking up I he asked her, not very politely, to put the phone down and start driving before she kills someone or he would "gladly make an important phone call and run over her kid's soccer team while they're practicing one night." I was about to talk to her myself, but that guy was getting back in his vehicle and I didnt need some backed-into-a-corner-psycho rich lady calling the police making up some fabricated "He tried to kill me!" nonsense claim. So I walked back to my motorcycle, and as I passed her I pegged my engine to the rev limiter (My exhaust is extremely loud).

Mature? No. But I did it anyway. The odd thing was that I wasn't even angry. I was more perplexed. Almost a disbelief, like "Is this lady for real?"

Anyway - I hadn't made a thread in a while and after that event last night figured you guys would enjoy hearing about how you were so close to being rid of me.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Maybe she's the daughter of the crazy old lady that lives across the street? I smell conspiracy!

3. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Always look to the right before making a left turn on green. The crazies are out, and you can't make them go away. You can only swallow your pride and let them go on their stupid way without causing you pain.

Here's my most recent interaction with Ms. Mayhem...

Nighttime on interstate highway. I'm in right lane, going the speed limit. Motorcycle is in the left lane, slowly overtaking me. Ms. Mayhem is in the exit lane, when at the last moment she decides she doesn't want to exit, instead believing that occupying the space my truck currently occupies is the preferred option.

I brake hard, honk, flash my lights, and get as far left as I can without wiping out the motorcycle (all in the space of 1-2 seconds.) And the STUPID CARELESS CHICK flips me off!

Thank God for my situational awareness, and my cat-like reflexes, or someone would have been hurt - and STUPID CARELESS CHICK probably would have driven off into the night, without a care in the world, safe in the knowledge that she saved 30 seconds she would have lost had she admitted her error, continued down the off-ramp, and re-entered the highway safely.

[​IMG]

4. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

I look left and right when going through every intersection. You're right, too many crazies.

But what blew my mind about this was that I hadnt even moved yet. My bike was in neutral and my hands werent even on the bars. I literally was just sitting there day dreaming about how hot Anna Kournikova used to be.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Seatbelt: check. Helmet: check. Seat position: check. Hang on - it's gonna be a good ride.:popcorn:

6. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

I'm beginning to understand your problems with blown engines ....

7. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

do yourself a favor....take a rider safety course and never do the above again

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I agree with that. Eurodriver thinks he is the first to discover the common dangers of motorcycling...mainly around female drivers.

Eurodriver - a hint - always in gear and ready to go at a stop.

When I first started, I was on a country road around a mountain and an old lady coming around a curve toward me came all the way to the left side of the road, coming straight at me and forced me into the gravel between the road and a 6 foot drop to a creek. She never even knew I was directly in front of her face - looked right through me and continued on without ever changing speed or shifting her eyes. It was like I was completely invisible to her.

9. BEER

BEER bad example

face it man, the entire world hates you and is out to get you. you should really consider moving to some remote unpopulated area and going "off the grid". it's not that we're tired of all 12 million of your "WOE IS ME!" threads, it's for your own safety. really.

10. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

I would have kept my lane, if the other driver goes into my truck then their insurance will pay for it. The likely outcome is that the other driver will either go into the offramp or slow down and merge behind me.

11. nmk

nmk

You lost me at "cager". The world is full of bad drivers. Some of them drive cars and some of them drive bikes. If you go the bike route you need to be more defensive because the stakes are obviously higher.

12. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Car drivers do not see motorcycles... (too small for their scan)

Drive defensively, accordingly..... :alex:

13. GigiB

GigiB

Wow! You should write a book....

14. frizz

frizz

What were you doing? Never walk up to another driver like that. In a close call, just drive/ride off and put it behind you. Call the cops at another place if you need to.

First you were at risk from MVA. Then you put yourself it risk from lead poisoning. What if she was packing?

Please... be careful. Swallow your pride, be a chicken****, and live. Just leave.

EDIT: This is not to be insulting or to call you a fool; I have done pretty much the same in the past, so I live in a glass house. I try to think rather than react.

15. nmk

nmk

It's relative, but you start threads quite frequently.

16. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Different deal but I haven't been on a motorcycle on a public street in almost 15 years, I still do the dirt-bike and atv things on the ranch several times per year. That way there are no crazies around except my son and me.

I was riding a friend's AMF Harley up I35 from Dallas into Carrollton/Farmer's Branch Texas. Traffic was very light, a flatbed truck passed me really moving and I noticed odd movement from the bed. Suddenly, two long, oak I'm sure, boards slipped off and sort of under the trailer - these were not on the trailer they were part of the trailer's bed. One slid and bounced down the road and the crown took that board to the shoulder - no problem. While that was happening the second board fell into a bind between the trailer frame and a tire and the road surface and was ripped in two. While the long piece bounced well into the air and to my right the short piece was ripped into several shards of various sizes, six or eight pieces maybe. I rode through all of that.

My buddy, the bike owner, was well behind me on his ancient side shifter he saw the entire thing and told me something like, "man that was awesome riding, you didn't overreact and dump the bike I don't give crap about you but my bike would be hard to replace etc.". The truth is I don't remember making a single adjustment/maneuver on the bike except slowing down. I also pissed my pants, literally. I retired from the road that night.

A friend ran over a black baseball bat in Walmart parking lot. His girlfriend was killed he was paralyzed. He was riding 20 mph at most both were wearing helmets she had on a padded riding jacket as well.

Many years ago and this is 100% true - may I be blasted dead by a sizzling lightening bolt if not.........
    Another friend lost control of his 250 Kawasaki avoiding a deer then went THROUGH a barbed wire fence and ended up falling head first into rock lined a dug well and lived. What are the odds?

17. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Gospel truth.

18. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

That stupid lady told me she knew how to make it look like an accident. If you see her again tell her I want my $5k back.

Guess I have to spend real money and hire a pro.

19. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

here here.

20. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

CAGER?!!! I, sir, am a cager!

:supergrin: