close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

ASPI Tactical

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by slewis, Oct 6, 2004.

1. slewis

slewis Dreamer/Realist

Anyone do business with ASPI Tactical recently? I placed an order with them a few years ago and had no problem. I placed another order recently, and while they charged my credit card, I can't seem to get anyone one the phone and can't get them to respond to my e-mails.

2. Germanasian

Germanasian Word

I'd stay away from those slimy dirtbags. I don't trust them AT ALL.

3. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Ditto, do a search. They hosed me and a few other GT'ers. Disput the charge with your CC before it's too late!

4. Snakeyes

Snakeyes

I will never ever do business with them, or advise anybody else to. I wrote off my order through them, CC company say they cannot help.
    2 words....... STAY AWAY!

5. G-2

G-2

6. mwc

mwc

I also ordered product from ASPI tactical in Dec 2004. I did not receive the merchandise and my CC was charged for over $400. ( the CC bank is disputing the charges ). They do not return phone messages and do not reply to e-mails. Their phone mail box is full. (red flag) . They are, as of 1-14-2005 still accepting orders rom unsuspecting individuals. If the owners are in some kind of crisis, and had any integrity, they should post the situation on their web site and put the info on the phone system before taking any more money.
    The State of California Department of Justice is accepting complaints. If they get enough they will procede with an investigation. Go to http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/mailform.htm to file a complaint. Also the US Federal Trade Commission is accepting complaints. Go to http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/consumer.htm and click on file a complaint on the top. I have now found, a little too late that this may be SOP for ASPI. Look up ASPI tactical on google and others have also been scammed (navyseals.com has a few).
    Their prices are pretty good, but it appears there is a reason for that.
    Spread the word about A.S.P.I. Tactical and file a complaint.http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/consumer.htm http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/mailform.htm Spread the word about A.S.P.I. Tactical and file a complaint

7. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

I'm not affiliated with ASPI just another victim so it seems. With the name I'm trying to create hits for others if they are a bit smarter than me. I ordered $200 in late December 04 via CC and have not heard from them. Emailed 4X, Faxed 1X, numerous phone calls to a full message system. No reply. Seems they're still on holiday or just ripping people off. Just FYI, my CC company contact told me to dispute in writing within 60 days of receipt of charge, otherwise its too late. I'm giving these guys 30 days past the charge date and that's it. Its surprising since the ASPI website is so professionally done. It has changed the way I will do business online from now on. Beware of post office boxes and always call the company directly for customer service and product availability. Best of luck.

8. jbeno

jbeno

Just to add to the collective evidence, I also ordered from ASPI Tactical (www.aspitactical.com), got an e-mail confirmation, but received no goods. Luckily, my card has not been charged yet, and I've reported it stolen. Any charges that come through on the old number with a date prior to today must be cleared with the credit card's fraud bureau, which won't happen.

I also experienced a similar situation with TacticalShop.com (www.tacticalshop.com). Order was placed, received e-mail confirmation, but did not get charged on my credit card and didn't receive any goods.

I would advise ordering from both companies. I tried to contact them both repeatedly through e-mail and phone, but to no avail. Maybe they're fraudulent, or maybe they just have the worst customer service -- let me rephrase that, they're completely devoid of customer service.

At least I learned a lesson about online shopping. Stick with trusted sites that you've done business with before. Before using a new site, check these forums, the BBB, and Google their names to see if there are any fraudulent reports before making a purchase.

9. mwc

mwc

I did get my CC charge reimbursed by the CC company.
    The LABBB.org web site now has 43 unanswered complaint vs 13 in DEC 2004. People are still buying stuff and getting ripped off as late as 3/7/2005. Apparently it is hard to stop this activity; so you are your only defense. Buyer beware........

10. okla-lawman

okla-lawman

The TacticalShop.com closed a couple of years ago. I had the same problem then and contacted some police officers I knew in Miami. They said they were shut down. A pile of faxed orders lying on the floor. They gave me a phone number and it went to voice mail, which of course was full. I did get my money back Why dont they take their website down???

11. capitol

capitol Guest

I ordered a few items from them, debit card charged and I received NOTHING!
    The phone was never answered and emails never returned. Eventually my bank reversed the charges.
    I dont know how this company can continue ripping off consumers

12. Texas Raider

Texas Raider

ASPI Tactical is the worst company I have ever dealt with. My experience is pretty much the same as others have posted.
    If they are not outright crooks, they are the worst business people I have encountered online.
    Beware.

13. johndeerrm

johndeerrm

You guys need to contact your credit card/debit card companies. They WILL get your money back.

14. Airborne2000

Airborne2000

yeah, i ordered a rucksack through them and it took forever. after like my ninth call, i was talking to the guy and he said "hang on one sec... mom can you get me a pencil for the kitchen" !!!WTF i guess he may still be in high school and can make a nice web site but have bad service, i wouldnt try calling during school hours, hes probley at math...haha... or try looking him up on myspace.com...lol.

15. LeviGarrett

LeviGarrett

Received a letter from US Dept of Justice that they caught the guy and he pled guilty to wire fraud in Federal Court. Sentencing is coming up on April 26th.

16. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had very bad luck with ASPI Tactical back about a year or so ago. I ordered an item and didn't receive it for the longest time. So I called my credit card company and had them contest the charge. Then within about a week, I had the item.

17. LeviGarrett

LeviGarrett

The owner was charged and either was convicted or got a plea agreement. He is supposed to do some time and pay restitution. I got a restitution check from the federal government as he was brought up on federal charges.

18. Bill Bond

Bill Bond blissaphobia

They are slime balls.

They have cheap prices but they will rip you off if given the chance.

You should see them in person at gunshows.
    Their tables are a mess and they handle their product like they are trash.