close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Aspi Tactical Rip Off

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by ASPI TACTICAL, Jan 25, 2005.

1. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

Just FYI... do not buy from this guy!
    He does not deliver goods as agreed.
    Will not return emails, phone calls or faxes.
    Don't be another victim. Its been a month for me and longer for others. He has a professional looking site and has provided slow service in the past, now he's just taking money until the lengthy procedure of investigation and cancellation has occured. You have 60 days to dispute the Credit Card charges, after this your chances of recovery are very low.
    The owners name is Mark Garcia and his Better Business rating is a big RED " F " with greater than 15 separate unresolved and unanswered complaints.
    Good luck

2. Squid.HM2

Squid.HM2

ok yes its early and i havn't had my coffee yet but is this who your talking about ? http://www.aspitactical.com/ if so thaxs for heads up but i have to ask Why is your user name same as his? ;g

3. DARKSIDE

DARKSIDE

strange;g only two posts from this person

4. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

I guess I wanted to optimize the thread exposure if that was possible.
    In my thinking the more times ASPI pops up with a negative response the more people may have the opportunity to avoid this site and your members and others may be forewarned.
    (not affiliated with ASPI)

5. Steb

Steb

ASPI Tactical = Liars and Crooks

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this liars web site. I run my own web site and do other businesses. Out of all the orders I have placed via the Internet I have NEVER BEEN LIED TO AND STOLE FROM AS I WAS FROM THESE THIEVES!!!

In other words, DO NOT trust these liars. Thank goodness I only lost $105 on my order. It's the principal of the matter. If I lived in California where this was located, I would personally kick his ***!

If anyone doesn't believe me, call their order line. You will get a voice mail which states this mail box is full. I have now made it my goal to bring these *******s to justice.

Not only has my attorneys been contacting them I am making a personal crusade to say everyone else from making the same mistake I did.

Oh yeah, did I mention DO NOT ORDER FROM ASPI TACTICAL.

Everyone Have a Great day! :cool:

6. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

This is great!
    I was just on the phone with an ex-vendor of ASPI who actually has seen the guy and used to do business with him until he stiffed him on an order recently. He said "he looked kinda like a terrorist". LOL! I was able to cancel the charge on my credit card, and notified the Department of Justice in California using their internet site about ASPI's fraudulent business practices.

I would recommend if anyone reading this has been burned by ASPI to take two minutes and fill out the quick response form. http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm

One last thing, ASPI has a great catalog and I was able to use this thiefs site to find the exact same products and started ordering these from other legitimate businesses. I always call them now and make sure that they're not hiding behind a PO BOX number first

7. unopistoleros

unopistoleros

I ordered from them about six months ago. There was one back ordered item, but they have send it to me later. I would not mind dealing with them again.

8. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

Hey Unopistoleros, It's your money. I ordered and they took my money on December 27,2004, today is February 7,2005. That's almost SEVEN weeks! NO reply to any emails, faxes or the one message I was able to leave on his perpetually full mailbox. \

You have only 60 days from the time you receive the bill to cancel the order through your credit card otherwise its too late and you can only recover your money through legal means. If you live out of state good luck.

I guess if after reading what has been written so far and you still want to shop at this thiefs site well who am I to stop you? The only reason I have posted here is to warn others. IF you can't trust that then you might want to check out the Better Business Bureau in LA before you waste your time and money dealing with ASPI.

9. Steb

Steb

Fellow Glocksters,

I did some investigating on the domain name registration and found a contact name to help us go after these crooks!!! As you can see below, Mark Garcia is the one who registered this site. There is a phone number and fax number listed. I'm contacting Network Solutions as well. Maybe enough complaints will help get this site shut down before someone else gets scammed.

Here it is:

ASPI (ASPITACTICAL-DOM)
    PO BOX 5010, WOODLAND HLS, CA 91365-5010 US

Domain Name: ASPITACTICAL.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Garcia, Mark (22960998I) mark@aspitactical.com
    ASPI Tactical, po box 5010, Woodland Hills, CA 91365 US
    818-347-1926 fax: 775-585-2814

Technical Contact:
    Network Solutions, LLC. (HOST-ORG) customerservice@networksolutions.com
    13200 Woodland Park Drive
    Herndon, VA 20171-3025 US
    1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620

10. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

After reading your post I noticed that something was weird about Garcias (ASPI) phone numbers. Woodland Hills in California has an area code of (818) but he lists a (775) area code for his web registration fax number.
    You'll never guess where that is?
    Almost the whole state of Nevada! LOL!!! I have a picture of it attached below. Keep me posted on what you end up finding out OK? Good luck man!

PS.. If I had the time I'd contact every stinkin one of the businesses he lists on his site and tell each one that he's burned a bunch of customers and stiffed at least one vendor recently.
    PSS..I just read a post from a Navy Seals website that says ASPI Tactical are crooks and that they got stiffed by him as well.
    That really pisses me off that some jerk is stealing from guys and gals overseas that are risking their lives for all of us.

11. gunslingerblue

gunslingerblue

I dont have a glock, but was looking for info on ASPItoday and found this board. I ordered some mags for my .45 from ASPI and ordered the wrong ones (my fault and of course did not realize it until they came in). But I have to say that it only took 4 days for my order to ship. When I got the box and realized I had ordered the wrong ones, I then ordered the correct ones and, well....now I cannot get a response to get an RMA to return the incorrect mags, hence my search for contact info on the web.

I, like some of you, have called and emailed with no luck, I can always move the mags at a gun show and recoup my $, but the prices were right for the ones I should have ordered, DOH!

I guess I am a lucky one, but maybe, just maybe since my order shipped, maybe you all will get yours, I hope you do. I did find a "local" (I'm in Texas) dealer that has some good prices on magazines www.ajaxgrips.com, have not ordered from them, but they are within "*** kickin" distance if I get hosed since I go to Fort Worth once a month for reserve duty.

Will keep you all posted if I find anything out on ASPI.

Regards,

Gunslingerblue
    www.stelmotravel.com/turbosquid/

12. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

I'm not sure if you were lucky or you were at the right place or more importantly the right time.
    When did you purchase from ASPI? I'm glad you at least got something and this string of information led you here.

My purchase receipt said my order would be shipped in 3 to 7 business days 7 weeks ago. I'm not holding my breath for anything to arrive.

I personally talked to an ASPI vendor recently who never got paid for a shipment he sent out to ASPI. The guy is going out of business or has found a new way to scam. There's some good advice in this thread and it definitely is worth the read.

13. gunslingerblue

gunslingerblue

Sorry to hear that your still waiting,
    I ordered on 30 Jan (sunday night) and recieved the mags on Thursday the 3rd of Feb.. I was surprised on the turn around.

Like I said, if/when I can contact them I will post here and let you all know whats up. I will let them know about the posts on this forum, maybe it will help.

R/
    Gunslingerblue

14. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

Crap!! I ordered 10-1911's mags from them on the 31st of Jan.I'm still waiting and keeping my fingers crossed.Mags were only $4.95 ea.G.I. specs.I used a debit card which they already deducted from my acct.

15. ASPI TACTICAL

ASPI TACTICAL

I am a bit confused at ASPI business practices at this point. Apparently gunslinger ordered some mags a month after I placed my order and received the products per agreed.

Why would a company choose to deliver to some and not to others? I can't explain that and maybe if ASPI (Garcia) gets wind of this thread he will ultimately respond and defend himself. He is currently a member here under the name "ASPILA".

I have rechecked the Better Business Bureau in Los Angeles today and now the number of complaints has increased to 22. His rating is the lowest that a company can have (RED F).

Below is the address if anyone is interested in seeing the BBB RED F, filing a complaint or to read the FTC (federal trade commision) rules regarding mail order or internet sales.
    (He has 30 days to ship products otherwise a letter in writing must be sent with options for credit or refund.}

Best of luck to all involved. Any of you guys from the military I just wanted to say thanks for all your doing for us.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13166417

16. gunslingerblue

gunslingerblue

How do you spell Sucker? G-u-n-s-l-i-n-g-e-r-b-l-u-e!

I am afraid ASPI caught up with me...I as i said earlier, I ordered the wrong mags and then re-ordered the correct ones from the website (where I had ordered the first 2).

With a 4 day turn around, I thought nothing about re-ordering the correct ones. When I could not reach them via phone to get an RMA for the old mags and did not get a reply, well, you know the rest of the story.

I find out today that yes, in fact, my CC was charged for the two correct mags and todate, I have not recieved any confimation of shipping....

Dun Dun DUUNNN!!!! looks like I paid a total of $45.00 for 2 mags I cant use, but hey, maybe they are just unorganized.....he he he, yeah, that's it.....I'll get my mags any day now.....you wait...I'll show ya!! ha ha haaaa...coming mother....

RiiiIIght! and I'm a Chinese Jet Pilot!!

If I turn anything up, I will post up on you guys!!!

Gunslingerblue
    www.stelmotravel.com/turbosquid/

17. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

My 10ea.1911 mags arrived today,very happy with this order,however this thread would make me think twice about ordering from them again.

18. gunslingerblue

gunslingerblue

glad you got your stuff, maybe we will all get caught up, I don't mind waiting a little longer as long as I get them...

19. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Cancel your order, those mags are crap. Buy some Wilson 47D's.

20. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

I have Wilsons for carry,these mil-surplus mags are for fun at the range.