close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ashley Sights Legal?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Doctor, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Doctor

Doctor

Just wondering if Ashley Standard Dot Express sights are legal for GSSF? I'm wanting to change the stock sights on my G19.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ashley sights are not permitted in the stock classes, only traditional "notch and post" design. Fiber optics and Ghost rings are not allowed either.

3. PhilipD

PhilipD 17L/CarverMount

If you are not going to carry the pistol a lot I think you would like the Bo-Mar sights. Send me a e-mail if you want some info on them.

------------------
    KEEP'EM IN THE ZERO ZONE
    Philip

4. sportshooter

sportshooter .com or .info Millennium Member

Legal, schmegal!

I've got a set new in box of the Standard Dot Tritium Pro-Express sights for the 9mm, .357, and .40 cal GLOCKs (fitted rear). Retail is $120 (see Ashley's site: <a href="http://www.ashleyoutdoors.com/ecom/index.html">www.ashleyoutdoors.com/ecom/index.html</a> or <a href="http://www.brownells.com">Brownell's</a>).

If anyone wants them for $80, send me an email (millard@sportshooter.com).

Millard

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

Sorry to dig up this old post but why start another one when this one is just fine.....
    Is there a way to get GSSF to change this rule? I do not understand why AO sites would not be legal. They are basically notch & post albeit the notch is a bit shallow. They are not prohibitively expensive compared to other "legal" sites. They are readily available so it's not like only the select few can afford/obtain them.
    What gives?
    Mike

PS. I use the stock adjustable sites on my 26 and like it very much but since my 26 is also my carry gun, I have been considering these fine defensive sites.
    If the GSSF is really concerned about me saving money then they should consider allowing these sites, as the alternative is to buy a "GSSF only" gun. Which is more expensive?

PPS. My personal opinion is that Stock is Stock and that NO mods at all should be allowed and I'm talking grips, slip on or otherwise, no sites except factory, etc. But, if some aftermarket sites are allowed, AO's should be on that list.

6. mike from philly

mike from philly

9mm Mike, I'd love if GSSF would loosen up and allow Express Sights. The are legal both in IPDA and USPSA-Production, because they are a variation of a notch and post system (2 versus 3 sided notch and a round versus square post). I'd also note that the standard Glock sights use a round white dot on the front sight with is similar to the express sites dot.

I don't know how we could get GSSF to change, but if there is a way now is the time since they are preparing the rules for next year. Perhaps we should write letters? Any interest out there for a letter writing campaign????

PS, I have a USPSA gun with express sights and a GSSF-only gun with stock sights.

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Sorry to be the wet blanket; but I like the sight rule just as it is. Yes Bo-mars are a little expensive however Heinies are not priced bad and are a very good after market sight. There are some GSSF rules I would like to see changed but the one pertaining to sights is not one of them.

I am not flaming those who feel differently just voicing my personal opinion.

8. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

If GSSF made express and ring sights legal it would not bother me a bit as they are really a disadvantage, both are fast inside 10 yards but get much past that and they have horrible precision.

For a nice selection of Legal GSSF sights click below

http://www.gunracing.com/Qstore/c000002.htm

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Sorry guys, but if we get any rules changed I'd rather it be the removal of the one limiting Masters to winning one gun per match and the new "share the wealth" in AmCiv catagories. I've already been burned this year by the three guns and up rule for AmCiv shooters. At Conyers I won Competition, but since my AMCiv win gave me my 3 A-wins the second place shooter should get the gun right? Nope, he won his third gun in AmLEO so it goes to the third place shooter. He won his "A Class" gun with a score that was over 20 seconds slower than me. Share the wealth is going to end up sending more shooters that can't compete to Master class. Trust me, shooting 96.+ won't cut it in Stock Meister. In past years I would have been awarded the second gun at the match since it was in the same match as my third gun.

The listed reason for the limitation on sights is to eliminate the chance of equipment races. Since the Ashley is different in style from the factory stock sights, it's considered a competitive advantage. If you want to change a lot then have we got a spot for you! ;f Unlimited Master is a really fun place to shoot! :)

GSSF is still fun though! :)

10. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Fireglock,

Nicely put!

Only thing I will disagree with you on is that "GSSF is still fun though". ;e

11. 9mmMike

Pardon me? What does this have to do with the AO sites? Is there a "only one rule can be changed per year" rule or something?
    Why does this one gun per super-shooter always pop up? While I understand that one can never have enough guns, it hardly seems germane to this thread. Adding an aside on the bottom that mentions Ashley is kinda lame, IMHO. It's like thread-jacking or something. Really.
    Mike

12. Fireglock

OK Ace, I'm against the addition of Ashley Express sights to use with Stock guns. Ya happy? ;Q

13. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I'm against ALL rule changes, retroactive!:(

I feel better, how about you;d ;f

14. Fireglock

Yep, I hijacked "his" thread that somebody else started and had been dormant for 18 months! I feel better! ;f

15. THE VOID

THE VOID

I wouldn't mind them allowing most any sight you wish. Only practice is going to change the outcome.

But...........I'd like to see them move the D-1 scoring rings a bit low and left. You know, just for me!;f That might help my score 'cause I just get so excited when that buzzer goes off.

Won't make another match 'til Virginia in the spring. To all that are still shooting, GOOD LUCK.

Best Wishes,

Dayton

16. 9mmMike

At least my post was about exactly the same thing as the original. Perhaps you do not comprehend hi-jack, eh?

If this is typical of GSSF forum "help" it is a wonder you get any new guys in here.
    I do not know either of you two (FireGlock or sidekick TJC) but you are coming off here as elitist's, IMO. I am sure that I am way off and you are not really the boasters that you appear to be but are quite helpful and friendly. But your comments above are not showin' it.

Mike

17. Fireglock

Oh I think I know where you were going with your hi-jack comment. You want a rules change to suit your needs, right? That's all you want to talk about. You aren't really looking for "help". You have your opinions, I have mine. I'll be a gentleman and not share my opinions about how you appear in this thread. Good luck on your efforts to have the Ashleys added, I hope it helps your shooting.

18. THE VOID

THE VOID

Boys, keep it up and I will turn this car around right now! Don't make me come back there. If I have to, neither of you are going to be happy. Oh that is just great; Mommy is crying now. You both are on restriction.;e

Now lets go get some ice cream and make fun of the nut-cases on "General Non-Glocking";)

Dayton

19. Fireglock

You're not going to smack me are you "Dad"? ;f Richmond next year?

20. glockNstein

glockNstein

Damn Elitists!!!

[​IMG]
    Here I go again!!!