close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Artificial sweeteners in bodybuilding shakes

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by jager1300, Jan 15, 2006.

1. jager1300

jager1300

There are tons of supplements out there that are loaded with all manner of artificial sweeteners. Some will say 'no aspartme' (nutrasweet) but will contain sucralose (splenda) or acesulfame-k (or it might say potassium instead of k). If you want to avoid this stuff, be sure you read the whole ingredients section.

One brand I've found to be good is SportPharma. Its all natural and doesn't have a funny aftertaste. I've had prety good results with it too when I've been consistent with eating well and working out regularly.

2. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

I don't mind artificial sweeteners because they can boost insulin levels which will spark your appetite. It's helpful when trying to add mass.

I used to really like Sportpharma. Years ago they had a gainer powder(can't remember the name) that came in a big sealed tin can. It was just like a giant can of soup that you had to use a can opener to open. They stopped making it and I didn't like any of their other stuff at the time.

That stupid can killed numerous electric can openers until I got a robust hand operated one!;g

3. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

I stopped taking this stuff in our smoothies after discovered the artificials were in there. The artificial sweeteners are basically toxic poisons and can cause cancer and other terrible conditions. The dry mouth syndrome I had went away as soon as I stopped using that cr@p

Note: Most toothpaste has the same toxic junk in it.. we use all natural stuff now

4. Accord

Accord

This is what I do, it tastes best when you do it with a vanilla flavored shake. Just take about 5 or 6 pinches of cinnamon and sprinkle it into your shake before mixing it, gives it a good flavor and makes you actually look forward to drinking them.

Too much cinnamon will leave your throat burning though so only put in a little bit at first.