close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Article That May Interest DBD and Others

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by California Jack, Feb 6, 2006.

1. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

DBD-- An article by Marty Gallagher, this seems to be something along the lines of what you are oing and your immediate plans. It is an interesting read I think lots of you may get something out of. Enjoy this article!

Jack

2. DBradD

DBradD

Thank you very much. You are a scholar and a gentleman!

DBD

3. California Jack

DBD--No problem, I hope enjoyed it. I always try to help my fellow structural engineers when I get the chance.;c

Jack

4. garythenuke

garythenuke

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an anabolic burst? It sounds very intriguing? What are the long term effects of this sort of thing?

Hi Jack:)

5. California Jack

Gary,

First, great to hear from you, how is everything?

Well, if I have been understanding DBD correctly, he has been on a big weightloss program. When he gets lean enough, I think he wants to try to pack on some muscle. That is what Marty Gallaghger article was about. Marty surmises that if one gets really lean, when they put weight back on, one can put on more muscle quicker with less fat gain than one can if they just try to bulk up without dieting first. That is what Marty Gallagher calls "anaboolic burst". I think it is probably anecdotal, but I think I have experienced it twice.

Talk to you later buddy,
    Jack

6. DBradD

DBradD

I found the article very helpful. I'm going to try to slowly go from 9.5% to about 6-7% bodyfat during the remainder of the semester from Hades, and then do exactly as the article suggests. I'll research it more between now and then. I worked over 70 real hours the last two weeks, so my workouts are not adequate to crank up the calories.

I had no idea you were a structural engineer. That's awesome. I worked about 9 years and then came back to school. This semester is heinous. My dissertation is on floor vibrations, so I'm having to take two graduate level ME vibe classes to get up to speed on all the digital signal processing, etc. That's heavy for a structural guy! Hey - when you get your 2005 AISC Manual, look in the front for some familiar initials...don't get a chance to do much bragging about that kind of thing at GT.

Have a great weekend.
    DBD

7. California Jack

DBD,

I work in highway structures only, mostly bridges. The only code I use is AASHTO and occasionally AREMA. So, unfurtunately I may not receive a 2005 AISC Manual. If I do though, I most definetly will look for your initials. What are they again? Oh yeah, DBD, nevermind.;)

Jack

8. DBradD

DBradD

There's more info about the anabolic burst method at:

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/abcde/v58_abc1.asp

The article is very long and there's a link at the bottom for a subsequent part.

In short, he recommends cycling every other week. I'll continue studying and searching for other opinions, but his claims make good sense to me. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

DBD

9. California Jack

DBD,

Don't have time to read that right now. But I look forward to the read. Thanks.

Jack

10. California Jack

I tried, but I just can't do it. ADD kicking in.

11. DBradD

DBradD

Must be an engineer thing. I'm about halfway through the 2nd (of 4!!) pages and sputtered out. I might print it out and put it, er, in some strategic reading locations around the house.:freak:

I've also read a few articles from people who said that they just got fat trying the plan. I think the plan requires a lot of planning and detail-oriented calorie counting and logging. I also wonder if it works better for people who tend to have a hard time putting on muscle or fat, like that skinny guy who posted recently that he's eating the whole house everyday and not gaining weight.

DBD