Arredondo Extension Jams

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by rmbstyle17, Nov 1, 2015.

1. rmbstyle17

rmbstyle17

So I bought a Arredondo +5 magazine extension for my Glock 20 gen4. But everytime I install it, the follower will get stuck in the magazine about half way down and the rounds just fall out. I have tried it on all my magazines with the same result. They are using the #4 follower. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. cciman

cciman MacGyver

The most obvious answer would be the most *****-ly one...

Patient: "Doc, every time I stand on my head, I can't drink water."
    Doc: "stop it"

3. weaselfire

weaselfire

Simple answer: Stop using it.

Complex answer: Call the manufacturer.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. rmbstyle17

rmbstyle17

Thank you both for your very thoughtful and helpful responses! I actually already talked to the manufacturer on several occasions and actually sent it back for a replacement. But I still have the same issues and would like to have a working 20 round 10mm mag if possible. I was looking for members that actually have helpful input; maybe some that have had the same issues, and fixed it by changing to a different number follower.

Thanks again!

5. 45acp is best acp

45acp is best acp

Do you have the same issue with 19 rounds loaded? Are you using the spring supplied with the extension? Is the follower oriented on the spring correctly?
    I've been using Arredondos on my G21 mags for years, never a single issue. I'd send it back and ask for a replacement.

6. rmbstyle17

rmbstyle17

Anything after 7 rounds cause the jam. I was using the supplied spring and made sure the follower is oriented properly. I have a feeling the issue is with the new #4 follower but I just ended up sending it back to Brownells.