close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Arno's first snow

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by HSJREV, Feb 2, 2007.

1. HSJREV

HSJREV

Snow is pretty rare here in SW TN so 1.5" is a big deal to the dogs. Arno(Dutch Shepherd) and Princess(Border Collie) ran around like crazy dogs for about two hours this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

Awwww. My puppy Princess loved the snow! (See avatar) I wish I had had a yard so I could've let her run around in it. She was too fast for me to run with her. Hopefully the family who adopted her has a yard.

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I think he likes it :supergrin:

4. naymless

naymless

Im also in west tn and we didnt get no where near that much. Im south of Jackson, TN about 30 miles.

5. CookieGirl

CookieGirl SE of Disorder

Rumor has it W. Tennessee is going to get some more snow this week. Our Siberian Husky enjoyed it, but I didn't get pictures of her though. She ran laps in the backyard and whuffed at the snow.

6. naymless

naymless

That would be nice. The more the marrier! I havent seen a real good snow in years.

7. HSJREV

HSJREV

We're just west of Millington in the greater Cuba, TN metropolitan area. We got Arno from a couple just outside of Henderson so he used to almost be your neighbor.

http://longhaireddutchshepherd.com/

8. naymless

naymless

Thats right. Henderson is just up the road about 25 minutes or so. I didnt know there were Dutch Shepherds raised around here.

9. HSJREV

HSJREV

It's probably a bit of a bummer being a Husky and living in the South with no sleds to pull or whatever they normally do. Bet she was diggin' the snow while it lasted.

10. naymless

naymless

She knew it was like home or something. Maybe!

11. CookieGirl

The big bummer is that her owner doesn't spend a fraction of the time he should with her. She actually belongs to my SO's son, and he's never home and pretty irresponsible about her. During the snow last week, he was gone for 36 hours at a time with no notice.

I love the dog, but it's difficult for me (because of some health issues) to take care of her the way she should be. Still, she and I had a good time in the snow. We're moving waaaaaaaaaaaayyy north in about six months. Maybe we'll take her with us, and Miss Baby can use her as the foundation for her own team! The dog is beautiful and brilliant. She deserves better than what she has.

12. CookieGirl

just west of Millington in the greater Cuba, TN metropolitan area.

I work in Millington at the NSA. Ever been there? Millington is a nice small town. We like going up to the state park near there and hanging out at the General Store on Saturday mornings to eat a sammich and hear bluegrass. It's a nice way to kill a few hours.