Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up Saturday. S&W Carry comp 357, appears to have barely been shot. Came with 3 speed loaders, nice leather holster, and a little over 500 rounds of aluminum cased Blazer JHP ammo. Could not pass up $1000 on this, pretty much like getting the ammo for free.
Brown Orange Bag Luggage and bags Trigger
Air gun Trigger Material property Shotgun Gun accessory
Sleeve Gas Revolver Gun accessory Trigger

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I have officially given up on trying to sell anything on Armslist.People are not willing to pay what anything is worth, just a bunch of low ball offers and goofy trades. I put a nice BUL 1911 up there a few months ago, asking what I paid for it...$1100. No bites. Put it on Gunbroker and sold it for over $2000 to some guy who likes to collect discontinued 1911's.

As far as this purchase goes, I had the money earmarked for brakes on my F150.....oh well. Brakes are highly over-rated, I am highly skilled at the art of coasting.

·
Supreme Member
4,464 Posts
I think I have officially given up on trying to sell anything on Armslist.People are not willing to pay what anything is worth, just a bunch of low ball offers and goofy trades. I put a nice BUL 1911 up there a few months ago, asking what I paid for it...$1100. No bites. Put it on Gunbroker and sold it for over $2000 to some guy who likes to collect discontinued 1911's.
You have to keep in mind, Armslist is a much more limited market. It's intended for local, face to face sales only.

On the other hand, GunBroker is meant for long-distance, nation-wide sales. So individual listings get more views.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Very nice!
I would have jumped on it too!

Reactions: KiloBravo

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Man, nice revolver. I would have bought it too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Wonderful addition, great photos and a classic J Frame to boot. Everyman should have at least one wheel gun if they are a gun enthusiast. Enjoy and please let me know how it went when you get to pop off your first rounds! Thank you

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Completely "stock", I do not believe any trigger work has been done. Trigger pull in DA is relatively short compared to the Ruger revolvers I am used to shooting. Very nice.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know almost nothing about new production Smiths as all I have are older ones. But if yours is a good as my P&R Model 19's, it is a very good trigger indeed.

This 1967 vintage M19-2 has remained unfired since it left the factory. I bought it a few years ago and as it was still NIB I left it alone:

But this 1971 M19-3 (with earlier grips) has been shot quite a bit, it is a very nice and accurate gun:

·
Stepping down to the gin palace
10,551 Posts
I know almost nothing about new production Smiths as all I have are older ones. But if yours is a good as my P&R Model 19's, it is a very good trigger indeed.

This 1967 vintage M19-2 has remained unfired since it left the factory. I bought it a few years ago and as it was still NIB I left it alone:

But this 1971 M19-3 (with earlier grips) has been shot quite a bit, it is a very nice and accurate gun:
NICE!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts