GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
AAAMAD
30,419 Posts
Probably because most have never heard of Guns International?
It seems a strange proposition to me to suggest that more people know about garbage arms list, than GI, which is in the top 3 of gun selling sites along with Gun Broker and Guns America

·
What did I come in here for?
10,945 Posts
Pay for the month you want to use it when you've got a gun to sell, and then cancel your "subscription."
Ever had a gym membership on a monthly pay basis and then try to cancel it? Obviously not.
Do you have to cancel or does it lapse? I can't find this in their FAQ.

upload_2020-10-26_14-54-14.png

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
It seems a strange proposition to me to suggest that more people know about garbage arms list, than GI, which is in the top 3 of gun selling sites along with Gun Broker and Guns America
Strange as it may be, it didn't seem to be more popular than Armslist given some of the comments here at least. How are you gauging the "Top 3" as you say?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve been trying to enter my card info for two days. I have a rifle I’d like to sell. It just keeps giving me error messages. I’m not about to give them my bank info. I was also getting security warnings yesterday.
If it’s this hard for a seller why would a potential buyer go through all this just to respond to my add? I’m afraid armslist might be done. It’s a shame because its really popular in my area for face to face deals.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I've used them successfully for years without issue. Never had a problem due to using common sense and my head. Anyhow, I'm not planning on paying to play there. It was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Probably because most have never heard of Guns International?
Can I buy guns internationally from that site? I have never heard of it either and it seems like a pretty dumb name to boot.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can I buy guns internationally from that site? I have never heard of it either and it seems like a pretty dumb name to boot.
I hadn't heard of it either. I checked it out, and it's quite possibly the worst interface I've ever seen. And not like Armslist's was anything to write home about.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
I hadn't heard of it either. I checked it out, and it's quite possibly the worst interface I've ever seen. And not like Armslist's was anything to write home about.
Maybe AK_Stick has stock in it?

·
Fightin' Fire
2,052 Posts
I remember back in the day using the local press classified section. All adds were charged per word.
I've bought and sold quite a bit on AL. It for sure turned into a circus the past six months. I'll probably just chalk it up as a has been, much like the locale classified section in the paper.

·
Registered
223 Posts
There's got to be some way for sites like this to exist. Why do they keep having to kowtow to anti-gun groups?
Craigslist was always hippy, OK, but like the problems with gun stuff with ebay and Amazon ... do the vocal protesters actually sway things with literal boycotts, or does the threat of a boycott accomplish enough?

I wonder if this move by Armslist creates an opportunity for Gun Broker to create a "local" section? They could still charge for listings and get a percentage of the sale price, buyers still would need an account. Still potential issue with shills, but it has potential I think.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The majority of other sites' sales are going to have to go through an FFL dealer, where Armslist was the FTF private sale "Craigslist of guns."
So it gets special attention as the purveyor of the "gun show loophole."

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I've bought a half dozen guns off Armslist in the past. I stopped finding things I wanted for decent prices so I stopped looking. I won't be paying for a resource I stopped using when it was still free.... I've never heard of Guns International.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Found a SAR ARMS B6C with a box of ammo thru it for $280 off another site. Gonna go buy it today.
I won't ignore AL altogether but I sure ain't paying for it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Certainly won’t pay for it and in my experience 99% of the people on their want new price for their used crap anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
What did I come in here for?
10,945 Posts
This is a bit odd. Here is how the site appears right now "FREE, no fees". But if you click on "start listing for free now", it takes you to the account login page and then if you click "new account", you get the fee schedule page I posted earlier, second pic below.

upload_2020-10-27_10-24-36.png

upload_2020-10-27_10-27-43.png

61 - 80 of 108 Posts