close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armscor to take over Northstar

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by antediluvianist, Jan 6, 2005.

1. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Caloy Tuason, one of the owners of Northstar, told me that:

Northstar is being taken over/bought/something like that by Armscor. This will happen in a couple of months.

Any member of the Armscor Marikina shooting range will also be a member of Armscor (formerly Northstar) in Makati, and any member of Armscor Makati can go shoot at Armscor Marikina too.

Caloy said Armscor will invest in better ventilation equipment. OH GOOD!

And Armscor will generally fix up/improve the Northstar facilities. And they will put up a metallic backstop rather than the wooden one existing now.

Cool!

2. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Thanks for the update on Northstar's ownership structure.

IIRC, as early as June of 2004, Northstar was enticing me and others with a membership that would also apply itself to use of Armscor's ranges. It's certainly a great bargain, and if they can keep the air in MCS Northstar fresh, it's a heck of an opportunity that everyone should take advantage of!

.^c

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

ay gusto ko yan

4. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

That's good news for me as I'm also a member of Northstar ^c

5. agentrod

agentrod

Ante,

Very interesting(and timely)news, especially now that I am seriously considering becoming a member at Jethro (when my Northstar membership expires). Hope they put that ventilation problem at top in their agenda...

Thanks.

6. jundeleon

jundeleon

The range was named Armscor before it became Northstar IIRC.
    Now balik ulit sa Armscor.

7. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

It was called Target Masters before unless I'm mistaken.

8. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Eithe way, hehe....
    There's long been a connection between Northstar and Armscor.
    It's likely only the structuring of the ownership that has changed (paperwork), while the flesh-and-blood owners remain the same.

9. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Well, as far as I know there are different fairly distinct branches of the Tuason family, but I don't want to probe. Whatever way that Caloy and Bolo Tuason are related, as long as the Northstar premises, and especially the ventilation system, are improved, yebaaa!

As far as I know the only indoor shooting ranges in Makati - and I suppose outdoor shooting ranges in Greenbelt would be too much to ask - are Northstar and Jethro , both in the MCS basement. They got us by the gonads.

10. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

From what I know sir, the range of Jethro did'nt open (license problem yata)

11. zorkd

zorkd

nakakatamad din kasing pumuntang parang marikina minsan, sa MCS mas malapit lapit, same rules ba? walang bayad to use, just pay for your targets, ammo, and range assistant?

12. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

Range Assistant?

13. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

"Range Assistant?"

Yes, the Swedish blondes in bikinis. Amazing ! when they bend down to pick up your brass.

(I wish!)

It's not mandatory at Northstar to engage the services of a range assistant. I usually give my gun to one of them after a session ,though, for a quick initial cleaning (they use kerosene, at present.)I just give the guy a tip for that.

Right now (I just renewed my membership a couple of days ago) the annual membership fee is P1,500. I believe they drop that somewhat during the GunShows at Mmega Mall etc., where Northstar generally has a booth.

Ammo has to be bought from them - that's really where they make their dough. Generally P7 per round for lead-bullet reloads.

14. glockomolly

glockomolly Dirty Dawg

I really hope Armscor can improve the prices of the ammo. ;f If they can sell it cheaper than Northstar - the best! ;Y ^c

15. 9MX

9MX Rei!

hay asa ka pa. as long as there is a monopoly, competetive este lower ammunition pricing will remain a figment in a shooter's imagination;Q

hindi puwede ang term na "competitive" in the absence of a formidable competitor.;b

16. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Wait. I thought (if you're a member) armscor offers the cheapest prices in factory FMJ loads? I remember getting my 40cal before for only P9 each and FMJ reloads costs about P5 a pop. Magkano na ba now?

17. 9MX

9MX Rei!

prior to the scheduled 30% price increase on the 15th, member's price 9mm fmj heads go for 2.56/pc, fmj reloads @ 5.00/reload.

there is no cheaper alternative for fmjs. so armscor come out the cheapest by default and the most expensive for the same reason;b

18. agentrod

agentrod

I'm a little skeptic that this will push through. For the past 2 years when I renew my PTT with Northstar (being a member) Armscor range in Marikina was always included, but in my recent PTT it was not include anymore.... hmmm.