Armscor Hi-cap .40

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by RSDrifter, May 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. RSDrifter

RSDrifter

Hello im a newbie here.
    i recently purchased a brand new standard armscor hi-cap .40 from a friends store. i bought it for 35k including license.

i was wondering if i got a good deal?.
    i was also told that the processing will take about 4-6 weeks.
    hopefully ill get my gun sooner.

i was thinking of changing the front sights to fiber optics and adjusting the trigger.

any other recommendations on what to change/upgrade?

thanks

2. mikol

mikol

hi RS,
    welcome to BOG's bro.:wavey:
    ok na price noon 35k pre, kasama na kamo license di ba?
    hayaan mo muna stock pre & just try to invest on ammo to break it in kung member kana ng gun club.

kung di pa, just register to any gun club kung saan mas malapit sa lugar mo. pero kung walang problema sa iyo ang byahe to a much further gun club range(kung wala ka sa marikina area)such as Armscor, doon kana pa member kasi marami ka matutunan from our fellow BoG's brods here na member din ng Armscor.

gamayin mo muna FA mo pre bago ka mag decide mag palitt ng parts or ipakalikot sa gunsmith kung di mo pa naman ipanglalagare sa laro ang boomer mo. just my 2cents bro. :)

3. Django

Django

Welcome RSDrifter. :)

As to your purchase of an Armscor .40 hicap, you made the right choice value for money. It's a good platform to build on if you plan to follow the Standard Division route.

Whether you got a good deal or not depends really on the condition of the gun and the modifications/accessories installed on it.

My suggestion is not to change anything on the gun (not yet anyway) and buy lots of practice ammo instead. Shoot and practice a lot with your new gun and enjoy it. After a while, you'll know what accessory to change/add to your gun.

4. vega

vega

Bigger than 9mm you need to be a gun club member before you can purchase the firearm. Or has the law change?

RSD - Welcome to GT!

5. mikol

mikol

still the same vega, 9mm down no need for gun club cert. to purchase a fireamr unit.
    maliban nalng kung more than 2-units ng firearm ang bilhin mo kahit na anong cal. you need to have a gun club cert.

i was just bring up the gun club membership para just incase di pa siya member ng kahit ano mang gun club, he can register to be able to have a proper place/range to shoot regularly & get some info & guidelines from a safety range officer on proper shooting. :supergrin:

6. Chie

Chie

Hi RSDrifter,

The price you paid including the license is fair enough.

I bought mine about 3+ yrs ago.

Have the trigger, extractor and ejector tuned if you plan to shoot it in a match. Then replace the hammer, sear, extractor and ejector when they fail you. Try to break-in the barrel by using at least 200 rounds fmj.

But if you are going to shoot reloads have the chamber rimmed otherwise outcome will be jam-o-matic.

HTH :supergrin:

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

my Medallion barrel is not yet jammatic

8. Chie

Chie

Welcome back Mr. Brokeback :winkie:

baka naka rimmer na yang medallion barrel mo :supergrin:

9. G19cPH

G19cPH

Welcome to BOG's

Break in muna buy lots of ammo. :wavey:

10. RSDrifter

RSDrifter

thank you everyone for your replies.
    ok my next questions are:
    How do you properly break-in your gun?
    Based on what i researched on the net ill have to use FMJ ammo, if so how many? and what are the steps. and also can reloads be used during break-in? and what excatlydoes rimming the chamber do, is it really necessary?

I apologize for the questions. (hehe newbie kasi)

Hope you could help.

Thanks

11. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

200 fmj ammo will be sufficient. Clean the barrel after 100 rounds then shoot the remaining 100.

You can buy factory armscor ammo. You can also buy the components yourself, fmj heads and shells, then have them reloaded from stronghand or true weight.

Don't worry if you encounter jams during the break in period. You will only find out kung may problema after the break-in.

Good luck and welcome to the BOG. :)