Armscor Bullets?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by mknherhappy, Feb 9, 2010.

1. mknherhappy

mknherhappy

Anyone have any experience with Armscor bullets? I have a chance to buy a few thousand .223 55 grain fmj's reasonable. Any advice on these would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. jing1117

jing1117

I have not used them in the .223 size but have tried their 9mm (115g FMJ) and .45 (230g FMJ). I find them to be very consistent in weight and size - excellent accuracy - quality is also excellent, did not have any defects noted in over 6k that I have used.

3. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

I tried to order a bunch of them in many calibers a couple years back. I never was able to get them to return a phone call. Their loss. I had about 4 grand burning a hole in my pocket and I knew the price of lead was going to keep climbing.

I have stuck with Montana Gold and Zero.

4. kubura

kubura

I just ordered 1,000 rds of Armscor Bullets 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail from MidwayUSA.

ItemID Qty Price Description
    -------- ---- ------- -----------------------------------
    832444 1 $74.99 Armscor Bullets 22 Caliber (224 ...

There are only 3 reviews with overall rating 5 out of 5:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=2586146771

Over-all very good bullets for the money. Several random samples all miked within .001 of Hornady .223 bullet used as a comparator. There was a little more variance in weight with a few sample going 56.2 gr for high and 54.7 for low but that is an insignificant variance given the cost.

I tried 100 of these to see the performance. Very good and similar to Winchesters 55 gr boattails. I was getting sub MOA accuracy on a Les Baer 20" Varmint AR rifle. I eventually got 5,000 pcs for a prairie dog hunt in Montana - great hunt!! I load this on a RCBS turret press using Lee dies. No problem. The only gripe is that it is often out-of-stock. Recommend this anytime. Will buy more (when it is on stock!!)

I have loaded a couple thousand of these bullets and have had great results. Perfect for straight up mil ball loads in the 5.56 nato round. They have performed very well out to 500 yds. coming in at consistent 5 inch groups at 400 yards. cant beat the price or quality.

5. dudel

dudel

I looked at those at Midway; but ended up getting bulk Hornady 55gr FMJ-BT from Midsouth at a much lower price (plus they were in stock).

The Hornady's boattail, also makes loading easier. They shoot great.

Midsouth has them for about $18/250.