close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

armscor adjustable sights..

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by kcboy, Aug 21, 2006.

1. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

would like to ask the BOGs what they think about the adjustable rear sights on the medallion series of armscor, was contemplating on whether to buy one and have it installed on my norinco 1911a1 police enhanced model? then hrd chrome the slide....:)

2. foxyyy

foxyyy

yong a-la-bomar style ba? why not buy an orig bo-mar instead?

3. jimbullet

jimbullet

Go for the robust bomar. It is unbelievably reliable, sturdy under any circumstances

4. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

im looking at the cost, if it's significantly cheaper, then ill go for the armscor, bomar adjustable sights go for as much as 5,000pesoses. that's why i am looking around for cheaper alternatives.

5. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Go for the original Bo-Mar adjustable sights. Mahal nga sya pero matibay naman kaya cheaper in the long run. Later ka na magpa hard chrome. Baka ipagawa mo pa ito sa Norinco mo, sayang lang ang plating.

- flatten top of slide
    - serrate flat top of slide
    - serrate sear of slide
    - lower ejection port
    - install front sight (fiber optic, etc.)
    - change slide serrations to another design
    - engrave your name on the slide
    - smoothen edges giving it a meltdown effect
    - fit slide to frame (for better accuracy)
    - polish breechface

Ang dami no? He he he. mga ideas yan na pampasakit ng ulo at bulsa

6. mtho

mtho

bought my bomar from pb dionisio last gunshow for 3,850. i think the armscor sights are lpa brand made in italy, have those on my para so far ok pa naman.

7. Allegra

Allegra

di kayo napagod ka zezero ng adjustable sights?
    Bomars drive me crazy pag kumakalog na yung blade
    Di mo malaman kung kelan tatalsik ( it lasted 2 more years )

when I switched to prod and fixed sights , di nako bibili ng adjustable sight ulit

and FYI, the kid from Davao who made the RP std team eat dust sa 01 Australasia was using fixed sights ahehehe di bale , best in uniform naman

8. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

valor,
    yun nga mahirap sa 1911, infiniite possibilities, i just want to put in adjustable rear sights and a bigger iron sight sa front, then im all set to hard chrome the thing.

mtho,
    3850 for bomar adjustables? mura na yun ha....madaan nga sa pb....but any ideas on how much yung armscor adjustable rear sights?

9. mtho

mtho

yan yung price nung last gunshow, parang mas mahal yata yung lpa sights ng armscor. pero me sti parts na yung armscor baka mas mura yung sti nila. mag abang ka nalang sa next gun show sa november yata. nakabili din ako ng novak front sight 750, pwede mo ito pabutasan at lagyan ng fiber optic kung gusto mo.250 ata yung fiberoptic.

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

mababalian ka lang ng pin sa LPA. get the best, bomar. or if fixed type mo, get a heinie or novak rear sight. go for a wider rear notch and a thinner front sight. easier to aim accurately. 0.90 - 0.100 in. na front sight, plain or fiberoptic maganda.

pa blue mo na lang muna or apply a liberal coat of oil hanggang marami ka pa papagawa. hard chrome mo when you're all done with the custom work and na break-in na. kakalog lang ulit after the break-in, sayang lang.

the 3 best things you can do is: 1. polish the barrel chamber and install a match bushing; 2. tighten slide-frame-barrel fit for accuracy; and 3. lower ejection port and polishing of the slide's internal surfaces

11. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

hirap talaga, dami options sobra heheheh. need to think things over ulit. heheheh.

12. paltik45

paltik45

Mga kapatid I dont wanna pop up some bubles here. But all "Bo-mar" type rear adjustable sights like LPA, Caspian etc. are matibay. They basically have the same material and design principles. How do I know, I got like five(5) brand types including the soon to be launched "FUSION" 1911 PARTS. But if you will compare it to the now obsolete and picky "Millet" sight eh ibang usapan na yan. So if you think that the ARMSCOR adj. rear sight have the same design as Bomar tapos mura, then get it. If you will use it in its intended purpose as a sighting system and not a "Hammer" or bottle openner. Then your better off with the lower priced CLONE. Not unless your into "Name brand" thing. Just an FYI, Meron po tindahan dyan sa may cubao pasig area na nag papagawa sa isang machine shop/ gunsmith ng Imitation Bomar sight. Contract price sa gumagawa 500pesos/piece tapos benta nila 2500(circa1999-2000). So how would you know if you got the clone or the original one. My point is they are all the same and.;)

13. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

sir paltik45,
    pa pm naman nung shop. baka makamura. am not into brand name parts naman unless no choice, i just want to make my norinco look good and reliable, im happy na. heheheeh:)

14. paltik45

paltik45

Hey KCboy check your PM.

15. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

sir paltik 45

pa pm din po ako sir i have a new project i need a cheaper reliable bomar . k lng kht di branded bsta reliable po

tnx

choi

16. paltik45

paltik45

OK due to increase public inquiry. First of all I dont want to get sued by the gunstores that I mentioned. But here are some details. The gunstores contracted my freind Dan Tarona (may his soul rest in peace) of ARMSTECH customs (Capitolyo, Pasig) to clone bo-mar sight and "Fabricate" low end 1911 .45cal barrels. He died Feb. or March of 2004 from colon cancer. I went back home in Dec. of 2003 and I personally visited him. To my surprise I even met one of the gunstore owner who contracted him on the same day that I was there. (Hint: she owns one of the gunstore around Capitolyo, Pasig). I dont mean to bother his resting soul. He is a good friend, a gunsmithing mentor, and a very talented individual. He just want to stay at the backstage of the gunsmithing community. He got his skills from Don Bosco, Cebu as a machinist. He worked in several "Paltik" shop around Mandaue and Danao,Cebu. He was hired by Elisco (who made local M-16) as a tool designer and head fabricator/machinist. After that company folded down he was hired by an Ordnance company in Bulakan(Cant remember the name) that make M-203 grenade and rifle grenade. After that he put up his own Machine shop and got contracts from several gunstores to do gunsmithing and fabrication. I accidentaly met him during the 1997 gunshow at mega mall. He was there as an "in-house" gunsmith of -------- when I ask him about slide fitting. He invited me to his shop at yun na po ang naging tambayan ko when ever I am around the area. ;)

17. darth board

darth board steel killer

sir paltik 45 pa pm din ako. i'm in the market for a bomar sight but kung meron mas mura pero comparable to the orig yun ang kukunin ko.

18. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

me din poi, pa pm sir....:banana:

19. jasonub

jasonub

i use bomar but i admit in breaking one when my gun fell and it hit the bomar. It became loose thuse i bought another one. but i buy in the states para sure na real. from 1911store.com who seem to have the best price