close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armscor 9mm barrels??

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mikol, Jan 29, 2005.

1. mikol

mikol

guys,

are Armscor 9mm barrels a Para/Clark type or a Wilson/Nowlin type of barrel? if ever need to replace one or have a convertion kit of cal..45 what type of barrel is possible to use?

i am just a newbie guys that need some or your experties with regards to this matter.;f

2. vega

vega

Don't know about Para nor Wilson but I do remember my Armscor 9mm have its own feed ramp. I do believe the Para is the same but don't take my word for it. As I understand you have a 1911 in 9mm and want to convert it to 45cal, you might want ot check first if the frame will take the 45 mags. Also, you need to get a 45 slide.
    But it will take the 38 sup.

Hope this helps.

vega

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

and if you'd have a conv. kit, would that need a slide or have the breech faced undergo widening to properly fit .45 (pala ngek) fp?;Q

4. mikol

mikol

thanks bosing vega,

your right the unit is a gov't 1911 9mm armscor.;f was just thinking of having a complete upper kit in cal..45 kung pupwede lang:) And i think your are right, a cal..45 mag might not fit in the 9mm armscor frame. I think it is much easier to do conversion the other way around (cal..45 to 9mm) thanks again bosing for the info.:)

5. mikol

mikol

i am also having that thought manix. and even having the complete upper kit and replace the ejector, there is still maybe some issues about fitting the cal..45 mags to an armscor 9mm frame? ;Q

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

mali first reply ko, kala ko from .45 to 9mm ;g

mco should know this well. what i'm sure of is that 9mm armscor 1911s are of the same frame ng .40. pati mags pasok!

7. mikol

mikol

~1 sa madaling salita manix, 40 cal. conversion kit is more compatible to amrscor 9mm frame. ;f

bosing mc_o what's your input with regards to this matter bosing!!

8. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

The arsmcor frames are of the same sizes regardless of upper (caliber). And the barrels use the Wilson/Nowlin cut. However, the 45cal doesn't use a ramped barrel while the 9/40's do. So you should consider the frame cuts when doing caliber conversions between 45 and 9/40. ;)

9. mikol

mikol

bosing mc_o thanks for the info. one question, are local firearm dealers selling ramped supported 1911 barrels? maybe if i can get one there's no need to modify the frame to accommodate the upper conversion kit.;f

btw guys, i'll be leaving jeddah tonight!!;z hopefully i'll be there sa Pinas 2morow evening. To the Kamagong buds see you soon guys!! it's ;I time na naman!

10. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

For the 45? Para lang alam ko na naka ramp yung barrel pero iba yung cut kasi, 'di compatible sa armscor frame.

Hintay ka na lang gunshow tapos bili ka na lang ng Armscor buddy o norinco kung gusto mo talaga ng 45. ;)

11. mikol

mikol

one month lang bakasyon ko dyan bosing. balik na ako dito sa saudi on march 11. check ko nalang kung magkano ngayon cal..45 sa market pagdating ko dyan bukas.;f

btw how much is the difference between cal..45 & 9mm reloads sa ngayon? thanks ulit sa response bosing.

12. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Reloads sa Armscor, same price for all calibers yata.

Kung madalian yung purchase mo, I think mas maganda PM mo si Deenoh. Baka sa kanila one day lang makukuha mo na yung unit. ;)

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

malabo siguro yung 1-day kina dino. pero asikaso yan for sure :)