close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armscor .38super slide?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by paltik45, Jul 27, 2006.

1. paltik45

paltik45

Hey guys eto na naman si......."KAPITAAAAN TANOOOONG"!!!:) I would like to know if anybody in this forum have tried ARMSCOR or any localy made 1911 .38super/9mm slide for an "Open gun"? I would like to build my wife an open gun and it doesnt have to be a top of the line custom gun. I finaly decided to build her a 1911 format open gun. Because a lot of our fellow BOGs advice me to go to this route instead of the TANGFOLIO format. Muka yatang mahirap humanap ng pyesa ng Tangfolio dyan. So what do you think guys? Salamat po ulit. ;)

PS. this open gun might be made with 95% Phil. made parts with the exception of the barrel, recoil spring and scope. :supergrin:

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

yup. i agree, ok na quality ng armscor parts. like mcoliver's open gun, ganda lumabas. murang mura pa. all other critical parts like the firing mechanism, premium parts dapat

but use the .40 slide for .38 super instead of the 9mm slide para di na mag mill ng breechface. ganun slide ni mtho, pang .40

9mm barrel 3.5k lang. kaya lang i don't know if you can ream the 9mm barrel to .38 super

magazines are also not a problem kasi 140 and 170 mm SPS mags fit and are readily available at PB Dionisio.

3. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

doc EC, i plan to have a 38 super in my 9mm. di pala pwede gamitin ang 9mm slide without milling? akala ko palitan lang ng barrel and extractor.

4. mtho

mtho

and the new armscor frame is nice, its the same shape as the para ord frame and the portion under the grips has no holes so if she has small hands just take off the grips and put griptapes on and you have the smaller dimensions.

by the way McO used a sps slide, it was on sale so this might cost cheaper than the armscor slide.

5. paltik45

paltik45

Wow ang bilis naman ng mga reply ninyo mga Kabayan and salamat po sa mga input. Yup I agree with you guys on the .40cal slide and I forgot that you need to widen up the 9mm breachface. I am also glad that ARMSCOR's quality have evolved through the years and that is a PLUS for me. Baka at the end I might end up using it more often than the Boss(wife).:supergrin: I already have all my "Gunsmithing equipment" back home;) (Pinas) including my Mini-milling machine:supergrin: I'll keep you all posted pag-uwi namin dyan and may God help us on our new ventures dyan sa atin.;) Thank you again mga Kabayan.:supergrin:

6. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Biglang nagtaas presyo ng Armscor slides to the point na mas ok pa bumili ka na lang ng SPS for a little bit more. Or go with SAM for even less money. ;)

Ditto what doc said on the firing mechanisms. Malakas vibration and pressures ng open gun so go with a quality hammer, sear, extractor, FP & FP stop. Yung FP ko'ng armscor, kinakain yung tip, unti-unting nag chi-chip off.

7. JuDGe

JuDGe

Uyyyy, magkakaroon na tayo ng in-house gunsmith! ayos! :supergrin:

8. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

dok, gawin mo major9 yang armscor mo! all you need to add is a compensator and optics.

cut the slide around 1/2 inch and thread the barrel for the comp.

si jrspeed gamit nya 9mm sa open gun. he uses heavy heads, 130+ grains and ADI powder, AP 60 yata?

9. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

EC, thanks. ganun na lang siguro instead of spending it for the barrel, comp na lang. :)

10. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

sir ec

sorry ha singit lang so i wont post a new thread na.

i want to use my g17 sa open gsto ko po sna lagyan ng optic and compensator pero ala me mabilhan ng 17L na barrel

any help sir

choi

11. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

sir ec

sorry ha singit lang so i wont post a new thread na.

i want to use my g17 sa open gsto ko po sna lagyan ng optic and compensator pero ala me mabilhan ng 17L na barrel

any help sir

choi