Glock 19 Armorers: What spare parts do I want to stock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 0.0-idontrun, Sep 19, 2020.

1. MajorD

MajorD

I have been running glocks since the early 1990’s, and my primary Glock for a long time was a gen 2 19 bought used. I did a cursory 5 minute field strip for cleaning every 1000 rounds or so ( roughly every 2 months for me) and once a year strip the slide for cleaning.
    About every other year when at a gssf match would get an armorer to inspect the gun, and he declared it good to go, and they would generally give me a fresh RSA. ( so my math would be twice what the recommendation is for rsa replacement interval, and a couple times had to convince the armorer to replace the rsa as it still passed inspection despite being way over round count)
    In all those years I replaced only one other part, a chipped extractor that I have no idea how it got damaged( it still ran brass case flawlessly, but discovered some extraction failures using aluminum case ammo only)
    I have a spare Glock. Based on my experience stocking spare parts is not worth the money any time. Just get a spare gun and call it good

Gfive45 and mongo356 like this.
  2. Toocool45

Toocool45

Major D makes the great point. Just buy a 2nd gun call it a day.

3. 0.0-idontrun

0.0-idontrun

Have you folks seen the price tag on a G19 Gen 5 with Ameriglo sights lately?

4. tango44

tango44

RSA
    Trigger spring (sepecially on Gen3)
    Extractor

5. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

The Vickers part is identical to stock gen5, had one but preferred stock.
    It's not like the Vickers gen 1-4 slide stop that is easier to manipulate over stock.

The other part was the silver "leg" in the trigger housing that hooks the trigger bar.

Both those parts broke at very high round counts IIRC. Round counts that 99% of members here will never see.

6. Toocool45

Toocool45

O.O-idomtrum, no I have not, but thats the one to get. As far as I'm concerned. But, trying to find one today built like that is like impossible.