close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armorers Course--7/31/12 -- Palm Springs, FL

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Monotonous ONE, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Monotonous ONE

Monotonous ONE

Just wanted to say how excited I am about taking the course. It has been something I've wanted to do for quite some time but scheduling and such has never worked out.

Same with GSSF matches. The closest one to me is in Orlando once a year and my schedule never works out for it.

One thing I was curious about, would this course help me get a job at a gun store or anything to service glocks? Just curious. I already have a fulltime and a part time job but figured maybe I could pick up another part time job.

I love glocks. =)

2. SARDG

SARDG

It's unlikely that the certificate will help you land a job at an LGS or even enable you make any money at it at all. The Cert could help you look more valuable as a full-time or part-time employee - but being hired as a Glock-only armorer is unlikely. Would you expect to stock your own parts? When I order parts from Glock, I order $1,000 worth at a time and still don't have the part I need half the time to help people out.

There is an annual match in January in Clearwater now, so...

3. Monotonous ONE

Monotonous ONE

I didnt think it through that much to be honest. Just curious really. I was thinking about applying for part time at a local range here (West Palm) regardless.

Stocking my own parts is something I would consider later.

I will try to make it to the Clearwater match but im not allowed to take time off of work during that month so it is questionable. But i might be able to make it happen.

thanks for the info

4. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Although I am not going to the class you mentioned.

I did want to say I know exactly how your feeling as I am signed up for a class in October and I can wait

For sure when you leave the class you will have a better understanding of how your gun works and a greater appreciation of the simple safety system and why its safe

and I like kitty after my first class had ordered an entire stock of
    repair parts to keep on hand. when I make a repair, I use from my stock and order a replacement to put back into stock.

I have been saving forever to get enough money to go to an advanced armorers class at Glock.(it would have been the cost of the class, plane tickets, rental car, hotel fair) this year they made them available at different locations.A friend found us one with inn 2 hours drive time so we registered. I cant wait to learn more about the Gen 4 guns .

Have fun ,I brought snaks, a lighted magnifying glass

5. Monotonous ONE

Monotonous ONE

thanks for the reply and information

i have 2 weeks to go and i am so ridiculously excited.

didnt think of the snacks...thats a great idea