close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armorer's Access to Parts...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by docj78, Mar 7, 2010.

1. docj78

docj78

I have read that Armorers at GSSF matches have and replace parts for people when it's needed/appropriate. I have read that the parts are usually replaced for free.To what extent do armorers have parts accesibility?

I ask b/c I have an armorer nearby, and if he were to inspect my G23 and find parts that need to be replaced, can he contact Glock to have them send the part? This would be much simpler than having to send the gun to Glock and wait for turnaround/return.

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Yes and Yes. :wavey:

3. docj78

docj78

Thanks for the reply. What would the procedure be for the armorer obtain the part? Is it just a phonecall? Does he need to have any identifying info regarding the gun/owner?

4. garageman

garageman

When I went to my first GSSF match a couple weeks ago, the armorer completely disassembled my G19, checked it, cleaned, and reassembled it while I waited. I had rear night sites from a G17 I purchased a while back and the stake on fronts that I wanted to use on the G19...and he told me to toss the stake on fronts and gave me new front screw on sites and installed them and my rears free of charge. He had a huge box of parts (like a 2'x4'x1' tackle box setup) and everyone before me was able to get any parts that were needed. I was very impressed with the GSSF setup!

On local armorers, I am not sure of the parts they may have on hand.

Also...you may want to contact Glock directly as they may send you a part free of charge. I called them on a recoil spring once and they sent me 1 for free along with a Glock calendar! Very good customer service!!

5. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

You stole a broken gun? :tongueout:

6. docj78

docj78

LOL. I just wondered if Glock would inquire about the guns serial number, age, etc.

So, armorers can simply call Glock and state that they have inspected a gun, and it needs a new this/that, and they send it?

Relative to the post aboive about an owner calling about a recooil spring, I'm surprised that Glock would send a part without having seen the gun, or at least having an Armorer make the judgement for a new part.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  7. bentbiker

bentbiker

And, I believe they charge the armorer, unless they armorer is working a GSSF competition.

8. docj78

docj78

O.K. Then what's the benefit as opposed to simply buying parts that you need/want to replace??

9. bentbiker

bentbiker

Not everyone has the knowledge to diagnose a problem and fix it. That is why there are trained armorers.

10. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

The armorers at GSSF matches are Glock employees.....they come with parts.

Non-Glock employee armorers generally have to buy parts.

11. docj78

docj78

Once again(as in another thread)--thanks for the clarification Butch.