Armed guards protect Senate Democrats as they demand new gun-control laws

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Tacoma, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Tacoma

Tacoma

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/8/armed-guards-protect-senate-democrats-they-demand-/

One of the worst hypocrites in DC happens to be Diane Feinstein, who a decade or so ago was championing gun confiscation while one of only three citizens in the bay area to have a ccw!

janice6 likes this.
  2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

The word for today is hypocrites,can you say the word hypocrites. SJ 40

3. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

hypocrite
    noun hyp·o·crite \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
    : a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

SJ 40 likes this.
  4. oldman11

oldman11

Hypocrite and democrat seem to be synonymous. Now you are getting the real message. They don't want you to have guns so you can't oppose them. Rule by oppression.

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

I suspect you don't mean in the "bay area", but only within the city/county of San Francisco (city/county borders are the same). The "Bay Area" is commonly considered to encompass 9 counties. North bay, South bay, East bay, etc. There are certainly more than 3 licenses in those counties. ;)

Also, news reports indicated the Senator relinquished her CCW license a few years ago. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...in-doesnt-have-concealed-carry-permit-anymore

6. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.

7. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

I see a lot of beating of the drums for more gun control.......but, I'm not seeing much support for it, except for the usual anti-gun stooges. For gun control to gain support, you need A LOT of former second amendment supporters to give in to the notion that more gun control means it will deter mass shootings.......and, that just isn't happening.

SJ 40 likes this.
  8. Tacoma

Tacoma

My bad, it was twenty years ago(1995)and she was reported by the then more reliable CBS news, as one of only three non-LEO's in the bay area to possess a ccw at the time!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...e-feinstein-s-own-conceal-carry-permit-story/

This is Breitbart covering her brazen hypocrisy in the aftermath of Sandyhook,

I personally watched the episode of Sixty minutes that Feinstein appeared on, in her interview she stated with all of the arrogant entitlement possessed by the typical democrat, that if left up to her it would be turn them all in or else Mr & Mrs America!

9. DOC44

DOC44

upload_2015-10-9_16-26-49.png

Armed guards protect Senate Democrats

Reid don't know they are there.... they are on his blind side. You would think an old boxer would be able to defend himself better than that......... unless he was too drunk.

Doc44

10. DOC44

DOC44

I saw that also and made several comments at the time I can't repeat here or it would look like ***** ****** ********** ******* B*****. I feel better now.

Doc44

11. janice6

janice6

I found Feinstein's comments about her own self defense to be interesting. Doesn't sound to Liberal to me, however, she was talking about her safety not that of "others".

.She says this:

“The national guard fulfills the the militia mentioned in the Second Amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.” Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator (D-CA)

“Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe.” Dianne Feinstein

quoted by the Associated Press, U.S. Senator (D-CA), 1993-11-18

But does this:

“Because less than twenty years ago I was the target of a terrorist group. It was the New World Liberation Front. They blew up power stations and put a bomb at my home when my husband was dying of cancer. And the bomb didn't detonate. ... I was very lucky. But, I thought of what might have happened. Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home" "And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me.” Dianne Feinstein, during Senate hearings on terrorism, 1995-04-27, U.S. Senator (D-CA)

Politicians will always be special when they make the laws.

SJ 40 likes this.
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I'm getting a little tired of this "well you have guns too, so there" argument. Until they propose actual bans it's kind of a silly argument. I'm quite sure all those bodyguards and LE types have been background checked more thoroughly than just filling out a form 4473.

When you use this argument you're basically making the anti's point for them.

Now if we want to talk about how CCW in DC is illegal that's another topic, but that's not what we're talking about.

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Who had what background check is completely irrelevant to the point.

The comment on them being protected by armed bodyguards and security is about them claiming we don't need guns for protection, while they are relying to a much greater degree than us, on guns for protection.

hogship likes this.
  14. fastbolt

fastbolt

No biggie.

Not uncommon for some occasionally overly broad generalizations to be made when it comes to the Bay Area, or the Central Coast, for that matter. (Or even California, comes to that, as is evidenced by some posts.)

SFPD hasn't exactly been known for handing out a lot of CCW licenses. The other surrounding bay area counties do, though, even if not to the same extent as some of the rural counties.

15. hooligan74

hooligan74

When we can't/won't effectively enforce the legislation we already have on the books, how much confidence should we have in MORE legislation fixing the problem?

hogship likes this.