close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Arizona deer hunters - any luck?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Patricia, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

We got drawn for area 7 and went out last weekend and this past one. Not a deer anywhere in sight. ;1 Anyone else have any luck and if so, where?

2. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

i've only seen 2 deer since i've been to AZ. must be the only 2 in the state. ;f

i haven't heard from anyone i know that got drawn who's taken one this year. at least you're not alone.

3. Patricia

Funny, I was driving past Metrocenter yesterday on my way to work and saw a truck with a big ole deer in the back. When we stopped at a light, I tried to ask the guys in the truck which area they got but they looked at me like I was from outer space or something. ;g

4. sooner pete

sooner pete STOOPS FOR PRES

Did you see any deer sign of any kind,were you able to pre-scout the area?There rubbing and scrapping big time here and the bucks are running the doe's already.Good luck.......

5. Patricia

We did pre-scout the area but that was after we were drawn. I considered us lucky to be drawn at all as four of us put in together on one ticket (Arizona uses a lottery system for tags). We did see some deer sign. In the area we went to this past Sunday, we happened upon a place that looked like there had been a few there at one point. It was mid-morning by that time though and I'm told that deer are often bedded down by then. I think next year we will try to do more pre-season scouting.

6. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

A "big AZ deer" you say, WOW, he must have been 60-70 pounds, huh?;)

Sorry, I had to poke a little fun!:)

I've heard that deer are fairly hard to come by down that way, sorry to hear that. If you guys want to travel up here to Michigan, come on up! I'll set you right up, (private land even!) you're sure to get a few great chances & no "lottery licensing" to worry about either, just bring some money for your “over-the-counter” tags! I’m not kidding either, come up! If you hurry we can get some pheasant & duck hunting in too! (Small game will go on for a while, no need to hurry for that stuff.;))

7. Patricia

Man oh man that sounds like fun! We may just take you up on that sometime. What are the dates for the season?

8. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

i was planning on heading back to OH for deer this year, but my plans fell through. the great lakes area is just plain overflowing with deer. growing up in OH i never had to hunt deer, they were always just hanging around. you'd be hard pressed to find a woodlot without deer.

in OH deer gun season (SG only) is the week after thanksgiving. i'm gonna have my dad send me a few pounds of jerky for christmas.

9. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Michigan Deer Season…

Bow Deer Season = October 1st - November 14th
    Gun Deer Season = November 15th - November 30th
    Late Bow Deer Season = December 1st - December 13th
    Muzzleloading Deer Season = December 13th - December 22nd
    Late Gun Deer Season (doe only) = December 22nd - January 1st

Of course we have a whole bunch of “special hunts” as well, but they differ from year to year.

10. Patricia

Thanks for the info. You may just have the Sidearmor crew knocking on your door one day. ;)

11. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Let’s do it!

And if you bring Comp along, I promises not to knock out more then one of his teeth…;)

12. Patricia

Be easy on the poor guy. I know a certain little boy that thinks Compy is his own personal punching bag. As a matter of fact, this same little guy told me he yesterday he wants to take karate classes. One guess on who he'll be practicing his moves on. ;e

13. g21glock

g21glock Millennium Member

Sidearmor: If you are up to out of state hunting you might also consider ALabama. Im in Tn. but hunt deer in bama. Season opens Nov.23 and depending on which county you go to will Stay open until mid. Jan. or the end of Jan.
    If ya ever decide to come down this way feel free to email me, I will try to answer any questions you have.

Safe shooting

14. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Ooh! That can be real bad news... especially if the "little guy" is right around waist level!;G

;f

15. Patricia

g21glock, thanks for the info. :) We won't be doing any out of state hunting this year but I will certainly keep that in mind for the future.

Michigun, he is exactly that height. ;g

16. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Now you’re just being nice… we know, that you know, that we know that you guys ain’t coming out to see us. Don’t worry about it though, as far as any of you really know, we may just be trying to lure you over so we can have are own private Sidearmor holster makers hostage in out basements. I have a few Kahr’s that would love a good IWB after all!;)

You sure that you didn’t mean “punching sack” then, instead of “punching bag”?;N

Sorry, I had to say it…:)

17. g21glock

g21glock Millennium Member

Michigun...lol Our own private Sidearmor holster makers...Now why didnt I think of that. :)
    I actually have been planning on getting a Sidearmor to put on my hunting belt for backwoods hunting but something always robs me of the extra cash. I have to go pick up my new Leupold L.E. Tactical
    Vari-X III 4.5-14X50mm w/30mm tube and mil-dot recticle tommorow, so merry Christmas to me for several Christmas's, no new holster for the belt this year...lol But I will get it,maybe after hunting season after the expenses come back down I can get it and be ready.
    But all joking aside ,I will have my sidearmor on my hunting belt soon.

Safe shooting