Argh!!! Apple customer service stinks.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DSMonsta, Apr 5, 2010.

1. DSMonsta

DSMonsta Linux Pimp

Short version: I paid Apple to break my stuff and give a sales pitch.

Long version: Last week I attempted to update my Ipod touch to the latest version of the firmware. I paid the $5 to download the firmware and attempted to update when the device crashed and indicated it needed to be restored. I tried several times to do so before going to the local Mac store and having them do it which worked fine. Upon returning home I again tried to update and was met with the same results. I reinstalled Itunes and attempted a restore again and gave it a final shot. This time the device didn't need to be restored. It didn't do anything. The Ipod; not the restore. It was now dead. The thrice cursed Vista which had been restored to my computer for the exact purpose of Itunes now recognized only a device.

A few days ago I tried hooking it to a friends MacBook. Nothing. Today I tried the Apple store. After waiting among the Ipad hypesters and hearing about the magical and revolutionary new device, I was seen by one of the trainers. After examining the device and trying a basic firmware restart he looked up the serial number to determine it to be out of warranty and started a sales pitch about repairing the cracked display for only $119. The display was and is a months old non issue. I informed him I don't need a hardware solution to a firmware problem and asked what could be done for the problem that I had. He went into another sales pitch. I asked him why the hardware problem would take months to manifest and only do so immediately after I attempted to update to a later version of the firmware. He replied that he's seen strange things with computers and the only options were those laid out. I thanked him for his time and left. Tommorrow I'll be writing an email to Apple to inform them of this.

I know it's kind of a weak rant but it's all I've got now. Does anybody have any ideas for dealing with Apple?

2. shavedape

shavedape

It's a cult. I made the mistake of applying for a job at an Apple store some years ago. During the endless group indoctrination I seriously considered bolting for the door but feared I would be unable to work the locks on the lowered gate, sigh. :( Suffice to say, I didn't take the job when offered.

iTunes sucks btw but don't get me ranting on that right now.

3. vart

vart

Blasphemy!!

Does this guy look like the leader of some weird cult??

[​IMG]

Wait... Uhhh, never mind...:whistling:

4. voyager4520

voyager4520

If your warranty has expired and technical support says you have to pay them for them to further assist you, don't do it because all they do is walk you through the same steps listed on their website. Man that must be an easy job.