close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

ARFAN - Can't seem to find post office?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by tac556, Jan 9, 2003.

1. tac556

tac556

This is mainly here because I saw that Mark "ARFAN" or ARFAN223@AOL had ripped into someone whom he thought ripped him off. Made me wonder who ripped off whom, due to problems I have had with ARFAN. Here's what happened:

ARFAN listed some LE Glock mags for trade. I had some AR15 mags that I had pulled from my stockpile as they fit tight in one of my guns. I told him these fit tight in my gun. Deal was 9 glock LE mags traded for 2 Colt 20 rd mags plus $100. I sent the money and AR mags. He complained the AR mags were too tight in his gun, so we worked out that I would send him $35 and then he would send me the 9 glock mags plus my 2 Colt AR15 mags back.

Well I had to remind him to send the mags, after waiting for them to show up...He finally sent the Glock mags but neglected to send the AR15 mags. On 12/09/02 he said he would send the AR mags ASAP.

On 12/22 I sent the following Email:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Mark-
    I am a patient person, but what is going on? Where are my AR mags?

First you said you did not want the 2 mags as they were too tight in your AR. I had made it clear that they were too tight in my AR, and that was why I wanted to trade them. But I decided that if they did not work in your gun as you said I would take them back without complaint, as they did work in my gun, but were tighter than I wanted. I wanted you to be happy also with the transaction.

So I sent you the extra $35 right away, around Nov 6 or 7. I waited for the mags to arrive. I had to email you to asking where the mags were, at which point you sent them on the 22nd and they arrived Nov 25th, minus my AR mags. Honest mistake on the AR mags, but should have sent all of them as soon as you got my money. You said you would send the AR mags ASAP.

I wait. Finally I ask again where the mags are, and on 12/9 you say that they are on the way. So I wait until today, 12/22, and decide that again they must not have been sent yet.

So you had probably everything from me around Nov 10-12th. It's now Dec 22 and I am still waiting. I need the mags or I need the $35, I dont really care, but I need them right away. Things happen, I understand, but too many things happening is not a good way to do business. Please take care of this.

Thanks
    Todd
    "

Finally I sent this today, at the bottom you see his message from 12/09 that I sent as part of todays email:
    "Mark- I have received no reply to my 12/22/02 email to you, and more importantly I have not received the mags that I OWN and I WANT BACK. What is the problem here? Send me my damn mags- you said you did not want them, and took the extra $35 I sent you....You know you forgot to put the AR mags in with the glock mags when you shipped them. Is your word worth nothing? You said a month ago that you were sending the AR mags, but never sent them. Send me my mags.

I find it amusing that you posted this on 12/15/02 about someone on Glocktalk:

"Avoid Greg Rackham form Texas..Stole my $$
    Greg Rackham out of Harker Heights Texas goes by SIRLISTALOT on e bay listed several AR15 30 round mags. Man stole my money then claims has no proof they were shipped. Says he forgot to ship priority mail with delivery conformation number I paid for. Then only offers to reimburse me for the .55 cents of the delivery conformation number. Man has lots of excuses but no results. Tells lots of different stories every time I e mail him until he stopped answering my e mails. If you like giving money away than send it to Greg apparently he needs is desperatly. THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So how the hell do you think its wrong for him to do the same thing you are doing to me?

Quit screwing around and send the mags.

Todd

>From: ARFAN223@aol.com
    >To: tac556@hotmail.com
    >Subject: Re: LEO MAGS
    >Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:43:04 EST
    >
    >Oh **** my fault. I got them boxed up and ready to ship just forgot about
    >them. On the way.
    >Mark
    "

I colorized these emails so it is easier to tell them apart from my text, but did not change anything else.

So you can draw your own conclusions I guess, but I still want my mags back. I certainly feel I have gotten the runaround. I expect better. This has been the worst deal I have had via the internet.

2. bitterspleaf

bitterspleaf

Come on Mark, send Todd back his mags already. If you're truly an "AR-FAN" then you know how people feel about them, and their parts (MAGS). Nothing worse than waiting for the mail when nothing's coming. If you sold them or decided to keep them then at least send out a check for the $35, it's only fair. What's so bad about a tight fit anyway? Tight is good!

3. tac556

tac556

Just got a reply to my last email to ARFAN:

"had your mags boxed up to go out but working 7 days a week for the past month i have not had the time to stop at the post office. i will just refund your money.
    Mark
    "

We'll See.....

I'll post an update when something happens...

4. bitterspleaf

bitterspleaf

So the question remains... why couldn't he just "refund" the money about a month ago? Everyone works, have to be prepared to make some trips to the Post Office if you're planning to do any online transactions. I've taken pride in getting things out as quickly as I could whenever I've done things like this, mainly because I know how much I HATE waiting. Hopefully this isn't more BS and he can find the time to drop a check in a mailbox, I think everyone has enough time for that.

5. tac556

tac556

Well on 1/11/03 I got the the following email from ARFAN:

"I mailed your refund today. Nice post on GlockTalk. When you work for a Government Agency such as I and there is the possibility of War your Schedule tends to get a little crowded with 12 hour days 7 days a week for a entire month. I respect your job in Law Enforcement. Now Please Respect mine. I apologize for the delay in returning your property."

So I waited and waited, and nothing ever arrived. I wish I could say I was surprised. Getting misled by ARFAN seems to be something that happens a lot to me.

Seems to me that if he had actually sent the refund it would have gotten here by now. I'm pretty tired of his BS, and sent the following email today:

"For some reason, I assumed that when on Jan 11th you said that you had sent the refund that day, it would arrive someday. Well it's been over 2 weeks and nothing has arrived, so I guess that was just another delay tactic perhaps.

Get this- you have not refunded my money. You have my property. I have copies of all of the emails. If I decide to deal with you legally you will end up owing a lot more money than the $35. You will have to pay for legal costs and all the time I have wasted. If I decide to do that it's not because $35 is such a big deal but I really resent being lied to repeatedly and wasting my time.

If perhaps you did send a refund on the 11th, as you claim, then you need to report the Money Order as lost/stolen and get a refund. If you sent a check cancel it. Then send me my money. Or send me my mags.

For some reason I believe you must have sold or traded my mags or you would have just sent them back. Seems to me that if you didn't want them you should just send them to me.

Again, I will update the Glock Talk Info FAVORABLY only when you actually do what you said you would do.

Todd"

So Everyone, I would avoid any dealings with ARFAN. If he ever follows thru with the refund or returns my mags I will post it here.

6. tac556

tac556

Still no word and no money or mags. Step up and do the right thing Mark, or you will just dig yourself in deeper.

7. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

contact local law enforcement in the area he lives in...you should have his physical address and send them the emails that you have with dates and nothing deleted. cyber crime is looked more and more down upon...irregardless of how much it is, he will take a bite...and if he is not a ffl or leo...and he had leo mags on his possession...contact atf...and if he sold you leo mags...hope you are leo or gov employee...

8. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

As you know his name,address and he has LEO/Gov mags and his post I assume he works for Gov or Military. If latter a call to base could expidite the return of your money. Good work keeping options open I.E. suggesting lost mail to blame. Gives him a out and it is "barely" possible what happened.

9. Stopdropnroll

Stopdropnroll Millennium Member

Tac 556, I see some simularities in your deal and mine ...Please contact me by e-mail. I sent (ARFAN) Mark D.Gann of Maryville Tn. funds on Oct 29th..... SDnR, stopdropnroll (AT) Cybcon (DOT) Com

November 25, 2002 7:55 PM "holster went out 4 days ago"

November 27, 2002 11:02 PM "I hope the Post office Didn't screw the pooch on this??"

December 12, 2002 4:28 PM "I thought it might of showed up." "I did ship the item"

December 18, 2002 12:26 AM "Hey I know how it feels to be screwed by the post office. I will refund your money no problem."

December 29, 2002 3:51 AM "Mailing the refund to you Monday."

January 03, 2003 12:03 AM "Refund Mailed yesterday. Let me know when it arrives. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience."

January 13, 2003 12:11 AM "I mailed you a refund. The only thing I can tell you is be patient."

January 19, 2003 4:08 AM "I will drop you an envelope with a check in it through UPS on Monday. You can follow its status on the net with the tracking #. Let me know."

January 22, 2003 2:21 AM "Going out tomorrow. All packaged up ready to go."

January 22, 2003 8:58 PM "Hey buddy its all wrapped up when I get home from work in the morning I will give you the tracking number"

Still waiting....

10. Guest

Looks like ARFAN is a bad boy. Keep hounding him Stopdropnroll.

11. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

good advice...

12. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

a bad name. Pay up Mark, you are making us look bad here! Let's get some background on this scrout.

Edited to add, seems like he has the time to post on this board for his benefit. Grrrrr

13. tac556

tac556

Stopdropnroll- sent you an email. Give me a yell, let me know how you paid ARFAN for the holster.

Anyone know of military bases near Maryville TN? I initially thought this guy was LE but I don't think so now based on his actions. He's acting like whatever he's doing is of major importance, but I doubt it!

14. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

The only thing near that area is McGee Tyson Airfield. It is a NG/civilian field. If you would PM me some info on him I can check the Army NG detachment, that is my old unit.

15. darin2

darin2

;+ Hey guys I have some good friends with Knoxville PD if anyone needs a contact there. I assume from his other post looking for a Glock 17 in Knoxville area, that is where he is located. ;R

16. slewis

slewis Dreamer/Realist

Just a casual observation, but you guys might want to check out ARFAN's posting times. For a guy who says he's working 12 hours a day seven days a week, he managed to post a message at 8:06 am this morning. At least where I live, the post office is open as early as 7:30am.

17. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

why isn't this guy banned...byby see you..not wright to rip off friends...;g
    good luck guys, hope you get your cash or mags back...
    and yes it is funny, all of a sudden he has a tom of stuff for sale AND he is trying to buy all in the same time..;Q
    bob

18. ILOVGLOCKS

ILOVGLOCKS "SOONERS"

I'm with Bob. I did a deal with a guy on this broad
    a few days back on a Glock mag. This guy sent the funds
    to me with in a few days of him saying he wanted it. What
    did I do, sent it to him the cheapest way I could. Well,
    It didn't show. Who's fault was it My dumb ***. What did I
    do, I ate it and sent one more and this time the right
    way. He did get what he ordered form me even now it cost
    me $65 bucks. A lesson learned on my part. As for this
    crap here "Man you need to take care of these guys" Its
    the only thing you can do. Why would they go this far if
    they did get there items???:(

19. Stopdropnroll

Stopdropnroll Millennium Member

ILOVEGLOCKS,

You may wish to consider the possibility that perhaps you too have been lied to.

Why would they go this far if they did get there items???
    Answer: Cuz we didn't ..... ;)

Monday, November 25, 2002 7:55 PM ARMAN Responds to my inquiry about the delay in recieving my holster, he writes "that holster went out 4 days ago Delivery Conformation number 03010120000055961829"

Feel free to look up my delivery confirmation number....(This number is scanned when the item is delivered to me) ....SDnR

20. slewis

slewis Dreamer/Realist

I'm with you guys. If you screw around with people on this board, you should be banned forever. Period.

I've sold two holsters and bought one on the board. In each transaction, both the buyer and seller acted honorably. When a buyers check showed up on a day the post office was closed, I paid for the extra shipping to send via airborne express (I had promised to send immediately upon receipt of funds). Another guy, who turns out to be a lawyer, faxed me a copy of the money order and asked that I cross-ship the item, which I did.

This should be the kind of place where you can trust people. The fact that there are complaints troubles me to no end and more recently, has kept me from considering anything I see in the for sale fora.

Maybe we should implement some sort of restrictions on who can post items for sale, perhaps even based on the amount of general usage. That would prevent people like ARFAN from posting messages, as all but two of his 54 messages were posted in for sale fora. How about this: you can't post to the for sale fora until you become a senior member, and you can't become a senior member by posting messages in the for sale fora. At least that will start weeding out the scumbags who are just looking to scam the rest of us.

One more idea...how about forcing people who want to sell on the for sale fora to become GlockTalk contributors?