close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aren't the late gen threes supposed to have problems?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Fadedsun, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Fadedsun

Fadedsun

Bought this today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Promptly drove over to the range and put a whole box of 100grain frangible ammo through it with no problems and all brass deposited in a neat pile at 4 o clock.

Am I just lucky?

2. DocWills

DocWills

Must be broken, seeing a lot of that in the glock line.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Congrats!

It seems that a small percentage have the problem. My NRR-prefix Gen3 G27 had the problem, an older non-"MIM" extractor didn't make any difference, only the new 28926 ejector fixed it. Some people simply have to change the extractor to fix it, which would imply that they simply got an out-of-spec extractor. With others as in my case, it seems something else is out-of-spec, I personally believe it's the cut-out in the slide which holds the extractor.

4. Fastfordsrus

Fastfordsrus

Congratulations! My gen 3 34 12/11 had ejection issues, so far I seem to have fixed it by playing around with angles and things. Other than that I love it, best Glock I have bought so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Wizz

Wizz

The late Gen3 9s are indeed having issues due to using the old 336 ejector w/the new MIM extractor. Currently they are not putting the updated 30274 ejector into Gen3 on the production line like they are Gen4...BUT if you send it in to them they will put it in under warranty. Basically the new MIM extractors screwed the show...but it's cheaper to keep using MIM that's why they won't go back to machined extractors.

Also the MIM extractors are appearing to wear out a bit by the ~1k round mark and then the erratic issues start, I'd give your new pistol another 1k rounds before deeming it safe. MIM is not suitable for extractor duty...that's why the Gen1/2/early 3 all have machined extractors w/zero issues after thousands upon thousands of rounds, MIM extractors are throw aways.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. Radian

Radian

The G34 is a superb firearm. It's my goto IDPA rig and has thousands of dollars of UMC downrange.

No problems from the gun, few fail to fire from striker spring in need of replacement.

My theory if the G34 was the "this is my first pistol ever" crowds weapon of choice the vast majority of complaints would follow to this pistol.

I would STRONGLY suggest replacing the rear sight with ANY other type (including glock fixed if you like them), my experience is the adjustables can easily be bonked out of zero.

7. guns54

guns54 toni

Congrats on your nice find.

8. Ronbars

Ronbars

Congrats on your beautiful 34! I'm hoping to pick one up soon as well.

9. terrance250

terrance250

Nice 34! i just picked up one as well last week. I've only put 100 rounds through, but all is okay thus far.

[​IMG]

10. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

I agree, check out the link about Glock Night Sights... If you send Glock your slide they will install Night Sights for $57.

11. Gnflorida

Gnflorida

I Just bought a gen3 g19 and put 1300 rounds through without a single malfunction.

12. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

No Glock is supposed to have problems. No shooter is supposed to have problems. All factory ammo is perfect.:rofl:

13. gwdex

gwdex

My late gen 3 G21SF is fine. Shoots well, no issues.

Greg

G21SF
    P220 Carry
    P225
    P226