Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless a miracle happens with a vaccine it looks like fall and winter are going to be possibly worse than the last few months. Now that you know what may be coming, what are you going to plan for or change?

I haven't decided yet, other than stockpiling preps like I never have before. That may be all I do. Moving somewhere else could be an option, if would make sense.

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Probably lose my **** if the kids don't return to school. Other than that, haven't really thought about fall/winter too much. I am trying to make the most out of this time that I get with my kids. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

The one thing I have done is look for acreage, with or without a home on it.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Mostly in preps. Surprisingly, it is my wife that is pushing the issue. She finally found Lysol spray on the shelf after over two months. That was the biggest decontaminating item we were short on. They let her buy 2 cans. I suspect all that type of products will expand to a years supply before autumn.

We are both retired and prefer home to out socializing even before the Chinese virus. That hasn't changed. We'll continue going out for "needs" rather than just to "get out".

Our college age daughter is the one uncertainty. She is totally on board with precautions and has done great. She is potentially going back to campus this fall. We'll see if they continue online classes one more semester?

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Just preps.
Scout some local spots for deer hunting, since I doubt I'll be back to northern Wisconsin again. Maybe get a set of cross country skis, as I expect I'll some free time ...

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
43,664 Posts
My son was going to spend his Junior year of college studying abroad in Spain.

I didn't have to dip into any preps this time but I will probably add to them this summer.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
No. Nothing special at this time. Very little adjustment has been needed up to now. Things could get bad, but my life is more based on what does/will happen than what could happen.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Not worried about it in the least. Things are pretty much back to normal here, everything is open to some degree. To be honest, everything was pretty much normal during all of this. The restaurants and barber shops were closed but they all had take out. Everything I liked to go to has been open. All the hardware stores, big box stores and farm and garden stores have been open. The schools are opening as normal in August and my granddaughter started her summer day care Monday. Everyone I know is working.

I'm planning on a fishing trip to Colorado probably in September. My daughter gets married in October. Then of course, hunting season starts in November. Gonna be a busy fall.

·
Registered
31,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not worried about it in the least. Things are pretty much back to normal here, everything is open to some degree. To be honest, everything was pretty much normal during all of this. The restaurants and barber shops were closed but they all had take out. Everything I liked to go to has been open. All the hardware stores, big box stores and farm and garden stores have been open. The schools are opening as normal in August and my granddaughter started her summer day care Monday. Everyone I know is working.
Good luck. We'll see what happens over the coming months.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
If my wife and I survive that long, we'll still be in our spider hole. :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mostly in preps. Surprisingly, it is my wife that is pushing the issue.
My wife has taken to having an interest in what she now refers to as “our supplies”.

Reactions: TeaDub

·
Unmasked
5,567 Posts
I think this virus crap is just about over.

The Dems are trying to prolong it to try to ruin Trump.

I am done wearing a mask, or being the least bit concerned about it. It's a shame what has been done to this country over this. Time to get back to business.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

·
Caffeinator
6,008 Posts
I started preps a while back. I am still prepping now. I intend to keep as low a profile as possible thru fall and winter. Work is the wild card. I am hoping to not have to return to an in-person setting, and instead keep the work-from-home gig going.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,137 Posts
Myrtle Beach for a week after Labor Day.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
2,345 Posts
I am continuing business as usual.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
I am building a basement so I will have a safe place to cower in the corner

Reactions: Dreamaster

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,780 Posts
Unless a miracle happens with a vaccine it looks like fall and winter are going to be possibly worse than the last few months. Now that you know what may be coming, what are you going to plan for or change?

I haven't decided yet, other than stockpiling preps like I never have before. That may be all I do. Moving somewhere else could be an option, if would make sense.
I'm cutting trees and splitting future firewood ---- does that count?

I've got 5 new cords rick'd up already.... add that to the three and a half I've already got....

I burned over 7 1/2 cords this past cold spell......

"will a long winter this next one is" says Yoda.

·
Premium Member
26,316 Posts
Using preps. Finding some are “expired”. Still considering a RV travel trailer. Or 5th wheel. Just for family that show up after next gift from a China that’s much worse.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Stocking up slowly, each time when I go to the grocery.
I'm prepping since years, now the goal is to stock up enough to survive the winter if necessary.
Not indulging in luxury, but survive and stay healthy.

This march, here in Germany we saw empty shelves for the first time since 70 years (well, +40 East Germans made this experience under communism).
But most of the people will forget fast.
If anything happens at fall (second corona wave, economic breakdown) there will be no more time to stock up.

That's my lesson I learned this march. I was prepared but I saw, that things gonna happen much faster than I expected.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts