Glock Talk banner

Are you keeping your Glock 42 now that the 43 is out

6153 Views 66 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  Ftttu
I'm keeping mine, not interested in the 43 thought about it for a sec. but decided that my 42 runs perfect and is a great pocket gun.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
59,814 Posts
It is possible to own both a G42 and a G43 at the same time. And my guess is now might not be the best time to try to sell a G42. And while I prefer the G43 I could be content with the G42.

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Thought about trading or selling my 42, but after finding out what I realistically could get for it I decided to keep it. Plus by keeping it, it gives you options.

· M62/76
14,812 Posts
Definitely keeping my 42- I don't CCW it I just really enjoy shooting it. And for the $300 or so that I'd get for a used 42, I'd just keep it anyway.

· Registered
7,131 Posts
Neither, I bought a g26 For the 10 rd mag and a spare g19 magazine
I love responses like these.

OP: "Hey, are you keeping your Mustang GT now that the new Shelby GT500 is out?"

Reply: "Neither, I bought a Corvette."

It never fails.....

As for the topic, I'm keeping my G42. I already own a Shield and it fills those single stack 9mm shoes just fine, however the Ruger LCP I have doesn't even compare to the 42.

· in ur rearview
888 Posts
I lost my 42 to my wife the day I brought it home. The 43 has too much recoil for her to shoot comfortably so I actually get to keep this one.

Reactions: DubfromGA

· Registered
3,492 Posts
Got a 43 and liked it so much, turned around and traded my trusty 638 for a new 42. I like both!

· Registered
30 Posts
I love responses like these.

OP: "Hey, are you keeping your Mustang GT now that the new Shelby GT500 is out?"

Reply: "Neither, I bought a Corvette."

It never fails.....

As for the topic, I'm keeping my G42. I already own a Shield and it fills those single stack 9mm shoes just fine, however the Ruger LCP I have doesn't even compare to the 42.
Well I recently contemplated buying a 42 or 43 but ultimately went with a 26 due to capacity and not liking little 380s

· GORILLA BROTHER
213 Posts
My 42 was sold to fund my 43. I wish i had the extra money to keep both cause i liked the 42. Just had to come up with the money quick so i could be first on the list for the 43. Got my 43 about 3 weeks after release and im very happy with it.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Yes, keeping the G42. I sent mine back for updates even though it was fine last year, and was able to get some additional magazines for it when I was up in Atlanta for the Advanced Armorer course.

I like both of them, and the G42 shoots the best out of all the .380 pistols I've got.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.