close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are you going to wear THAT?!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by inthefrey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

This morning while getting ready for church, I heard one of the most vague and yet understood phrases between a man and a woman. Its subtleties and descriptive tones and are as infinite as the universe, yet those 5 words can cut a path through our egos like the blade of a highly-skilled surgeon. "Are you going to wear THAT?!"
    SO! What’s wrong with a nice, button-down shirt and jeans?! The jeans are new, not faded, dirty or stained and she bought me the shirt – which I ironed! Shaved, hair was combed and all!

I responded, "Oh-Kay, what YOU would like me to wear sweetie?" She replied, "I don't know hon but, not that!":dunno:

:upeyes::rofl:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

Once while staying at the in-laws, I came downstairs ready to leave for xmas mass wearing a barn jacket (LL Bean style), nice, clean, no rips or tears.

My MIL took one look at me and said, "let me get you one of my husband's coats." Five minutes later I was donning a black cashmere overcoat and Burberry scarf.

She didn't even bother with the "you're going to wear that?" line. Would have been impolite, I guess. :supergrin:

3. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I can dress appropriately when absolutely necessary. But, usually, it's expected of me to dress a little 'off'. It's my forte and if no one rolls their eyes or chuckles a little, I'm doing it wrong.

Certain hats, boots (especially gaudy cowboy ones) or jackets are included in my usual inappropriateness.

(My Nana used to say: "The Proper Gentleman never leaves the house without a hat."

Then she always added: "And takes it OFF when he is inside.")

4. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

Carhart jeans and a flannel shirt (without holes or stains) should do for most situations from church to a night out. "Yes, I am going to wear THAT"

5. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

My girlfriend picks most of my nice clothes out. If it doesn't have a badge on it or made out of an athletic material, I didn't choose it.

She does select some very comfortable clothing items though.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. deputy tom

deputy tom

I might get away with a button down and dockers but no jeans.I wear a sport coat and slacks most often. YMMV. tom.