Are you, fear mongers, enjoying wearing those face diapers?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by surevaliance, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surevaliance

surevaliance

Are you, fear mongers, enjoying wearing those face diapers?

[​IMG]

2. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

I am just so tired of people beating their chests with all the fervor of a Baptist minister at a revival meeting, proclaiming themselves morally superior to those legitimately concerned over COVID-19. It isn't fear, it's common sense. There are people who fall into the demographic of high risk. Should they just ignore the warnings? I have lost 2 friends to the virus, one 39, the other 53. Neither were in that demographic, both were healthy and both felt the virus not as bad as the flu. They were wrong, fatally so. A while back I saw a guy in Shoprite walking through the store, telling people who were wearing facemask they were cowards and worse. Like it or not, we are all in this together. Show some respect, or at the very least just stop telling those who are taking the steps they feel necessary to stay healthy how superior you are to them. You aren't.

Tackle, icantpick, TBO and 28 others like this.

3. surevaliance

surevaliance

I do not care if you like that stinky useless diaper on your face.
    But why do you make me wearing one?

Captain Steinbrenner likes this.
  4. Jon_R

Jon_R

I don’t know how a mask became such an issue. i am engineer and make decisions based on cost benefit analysis. There is no cost to me to wear a mask into the grocery store to grab some things. It has potential to have benefit to others and me so it is an easy calculation for me. If others come to a different conclusion so be it but how masks became the battle cry and measure of your courage Is beyond me. If a droplet of virus gunk is heading towards my mouth I will take a mask over no mask every time.

Trebore, spork, BengalBacker and 22 others like this.
  5. clancy

It has nothing to do with whether or not you wear a face mask. It has everything to do with your condescending, self-righteous insults. That you call those face masks a "stinky, useless diaper" pretty much illustrates that.

icantpick, Redeemed, RendFou and 22 others like this.
  6. Rokitt

Rokitt

Likewise those wearing masks and taking "steps" should stop telling those who choose not to wear a mask that they need to and berating them for endangering others and proclaiming how superior they are cause they aren't.

7. clancy

It gives some people the opportunity to feel superior when they insult those who wear masks.

Trebore, spork, PTA2PTB and 7 others like this.
  8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Yeah, the whole stance some are taking against masks is downright bizarre.

Because a store requires you to wear a mask (to help others, not yourself) then they compare us to Nazi Germany...

:dunno:

Trebore, spork, BengalBacker and 11 others like this.
  9. surevaliance

surevaliance

Masks are real Petri dishes. Not to mention you are inhaling your own CO2 and suffering from the lack of O2.
    Do you really want one on your face? I don't. But fear mongers make me wearing one for at least 10 hrs a day.

Captain Steinbrenner likes this.
  10. Rokitt

Rokitt

I just go to one of the many other stores that don't require it no need to make a fuss. When they stops requiring the mask then I will go back until then I choose not to do business with them free country and all.

Jan R Whitaker, MCCM, -JCN- and 4 others like this.
  11. Jon_R

Jon_R

I doubt you are truly being made to in the strict definition of made to. You are probably doing a cost benifet analysis and choosing to because you don’t like the cost of not doing it.

I use disposable masks. Before I get out the car I put it on do my errand shopping 20 minutes later back at my car I remove it and throw it away when I get home.

12. surevaliance

surevaliance

That makes you wearing a mask voluntarily for approx. 40 min. a day vs. me wearing the one for at least 10 hrs a day - involuntarily. There are no benefits for me from covering my face with Petri dish 10 hrs straight.

13. Dave514

Dave514

I wear one about 6 hours a day. It's a weird hill to die on.

Changing vinyl gloves 25 times a day sucks a lot more. Especially if your hands are the least bit sweaty.

Joshhtn, Trebore, B C and 7 others like this.
  14. clancy

If it bothers you that much, there is always the option of finding alternative employment.

spork, Joshhtn, Trebore and 8 others like this.
  15. DNA

DNA

16. clancy

17. Jon_R

Jon_R

In FL a lot of businesses can’t open or can’t open as much as allowed because the employees are refusing to come back. The feds decided it was a good idea to add 600 a week on top of the 265 a week FL pays for unemployment so employees are doing all they can to not work. The employer has the option to report their refusal but seem most are just trying to replace them to get back open.

18. thespork

thespork

Why? It is becoming clear that wearing a mask slows/stop the expulsion of virus carrying particles...
    So by inisisting on not wearing a mask when you are in close contact with the general public, given that this thing spreads presymptomatically, that is precisely what you are doing...

Trebore, spork, MCCM and 6 others like this.
  19. Dave514

Dave514

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.