close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are you considered to be, "...a nice guy?"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HollowHead, Jan 11, 2017.

1. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Do you take pride and reward in your demeanor, interaction with strangers and altruism? Do you do it for yourself, others or is it simply innate? HH

silentpoet likes this.
  2. Paul53

Paul53 Wikid smaht!

Everybody is normal until you get to know them.:dunno:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Depends on who you talk to. Many people think I am nice. My job requires me to be very adversarial at times. I try to just be blunt and professional but if things get tough I can be nasty to protect my clients. So some people think I am a real jerk.

My family love me. Parts of my wife's family think I am nasty because they can't boss me around. To them, nice is doing what you are told without making a fuss. I make a fuss.

Rotn1, 9jeeps, FireMedic-50 and 4 others like this.
  4. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

I am usually fairly blunt and gruff. I am hyperactive, but that has moderated with age but my high energy remains. I am also often very contemplative. People tend to confuse that with being sullen. I am almost never sullen. My mood is almost always on the positive side of the middle. Outside of tragedy, I have three general gears: "excited" "content" and "fornicate this crap." Again, people tend to confuse content with sullen. No one mistakes "fornicate this crap."

In spite of those things, in the real world I am generally given to southern manners.

5. bigchuck83

bigchuck83

Many People consider me to be a nice guy, however aside from family and a few close friends i remember a Quote i once read. "Be polite, Be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet".. Lots of people are somewhat afraid of me because i am a big tattooed guy that looks tough although to be honest i am more of a relaxed, happy guy. I do not like being violent but if i need to be then i let the inner Grizzly Bear out. He isn't nice and doesn't care about the consequences of his actions so he stays locked up a lot. If i ever get alone with my sister's ex husband on the other hand he will be let out to play.

larry_minn and FireMedic-50 like this.
  6. Pawcatch@aol.co

Pawcatch@aol.co

I consider myself very nice, but I won't take crap even from a boss and the same same boss fires me for "intimidation" when he himself was trying g to intimidate me.

7. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

I am a salesman so I am BSer and will be different things to different people, I know it doesn't seem sincere, but I prefer to be judged by my actions and not so much what I say or how I carry myself.

I volunteer in my community in organizations (non-profits) that I like because I believe in their mission statement. I don't take pride in it I just do it because I enjoy it.

If she grows up to do something great or be a positive member in society I will take pride in this but within.
    In another thread I posted that I financially support a 3 year old little girl that lives 1800 miles away with her grandmother. I do it because I I can't explain it, I love her, and I wish I could adopt her, her mother is a crystal addicted prostitute, her dad dead. She lives with her grandma but grandma is super poor, and has to work an hour away by bus everyday.

I pay for her preschool (Private Christian one) I have a Nanny that takes her in the morning as grandma has to leave at 5 in the morning, then she picks her up does homework with her, bathes her, cooks dinner for her, then grandma gets home, and pay a maintenance that covers her clothes, food, medical costs, school tuition and a portion of the rent. (I had them moved to a good Neigborhood close to her school, her teacher and school headmaster email me if she needs anything as well as the nanny I have multiple sets of eyes on her)

When I met her, they were sitting on buckets for chairs. Her mom the one that is on drugs had a crappy life her dad died when she was a baby and her mom had to work to feed 3 kids in her own, of the 3 she came out messed up....the other two are not bad but they are extremely poor and have children of their own they have to tend to......

I furnished the home....and I take care of her like she was mine..... That makes me a nice guy?? Hardly.....it makes
    Me a scum Bag because it is a secret that I hide from my wife, that makes me a bad guy. I hide it from every one I know.....

Well only my best friend knows.....because he had a trip near by and took her some clothes and presents for me from here. He makes jokes that any deadbeats out there wanna skip out on support to call me and I will pay for them since pay for kids that aren't mine I have my two sons that have everything (spoiled)

She is not mine as I had a vasectomy 8 years ago and never ever ever had anything to do with her mom.

How I met her is a long story and part of the reason why I don't tell any one I don't believe any one would believe me if I did, and given the nature of what her mom was into, and what capacity she worked in I fear people may assume the worst......

I dunno I think that we as people indirectly or directly affect other people, intentionally or unintentionally I guess it's up to us.

The school she goes to is bilingual so she will speak English God willing, and I will sponsor her and pay her college of she wants to come to the USA. (She lives in Mexico). I am at the point in my life where I am not rich but I do okay, and I am no longer interested in persuing material things......

I have had them, I have lost them, I have recovered them, rinse repeat.

Money comes and goes, cars get old, clothes goes out of style.... I dunno.

So many people have so much less and are much happier.

I can share what I have even if it's not a lot it's not a big deal

8. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

For the most part, unless you step on a pet peeve of mine. Parking in a handicap stop when you are not, smoking at a gas pump, parking your shopping cart squarely in the center of an aisle blocking traffic while loudly talking on your cell phone as if louder meant you can be heard better, traveling overseas with the proverbial 'Ugly American,' who is usually an overweight Liberal American mocking the local people as if they were essentially non-human, or loudly proclaiming how you brought your brand of liberalism to the ignorant backward people of that nation, who only put up with your oversize earth mother bottom, because it brought cash, being cruel to an animal for the sake of cruelty, trying to do emotional or physical harm to a member of my family, and hypocrisy so egregious it makes your skin crawl, or a bully, or constantly projecting various emotional states on my emotionless mask of a face (I can't physically smile anymore), so the assumptions on my mood which are usually quite wrong and irritate me especially when vocalized, Beyond that, I think I am pretty affable.

9. Detectorist

Detectorist

I try to be positive every day and project a positive image. Good things happen because of that.

LASTRESORT20 and orangejeep06 like this.
  10. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

I am who I am.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

11. CajunBass

CajunBass Silver Member

I have made my share of mistakes and I'm sure there are people somewhere who think I'm a jerk.

12. Sniffler

Sniffler Unruly Silver Member

[​IMG]

13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

TBO likes this.
  14. ede

ede Bama's Friend

I'm too quiet and guarded for most people to know if I'm a nice guy or not. I'm usually polite to people in public and maybe even friendly. If a stranger approaches me my usual response is "stop and get away from me".

15. deputy tom

deputy tom

I try to be cordial to everyone I meet. I believe in the old saying, don't mistake my kindness for weakness. tom. :cowboy:

dbarry, jame, Pope-onna-Rope and 9 others like this.
  16. Sniffler

Sniffler Unruly Silver Member

^^General "Mad Dog" Mathis

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

17. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

18. P99er

P99er AKA PPQ'er

I am in a position where I have to expose the mistakes of others, and often times contradict their cover stories with facts.

But I try to be nice about it.

Killin' Injun likes this.
  19. light-switch

light-switch

Most people think I'm nice. I know I'm not.

20. ricka10

ricka10

All of my exes say I am a "nice guy". :D:D:D

TBO likes this.