close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are you a people person? Or a Loner?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Lone Wolf8634, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

So which is it? Do you genuinely like people and enjoy being in large groups?

Or do you cringe when the family BBQ is announced?

Are you a whiz at making small talk, make friends easily, have pen pals and are uncomfortable being by yourself for long periods of time?

Or do you just grunt at people in the hopes that they'll entertain themselves with their own patter? And making friends is something that happens when you aint looking? And being by yourself is the high point of your day?

Or are you somewhere in between?

Myself: Loner. Maybe worse than a loner. I HATE being in large groups of people. I will avoid them at all costs. Even to the point of being rude. I quit making excuses for not wanting to show up at family gatherings, parties or any other group thing. Now I just say no. When asked why I refuse to attend, I just say that I have no intention of spending an entire evening being stressed out by a group of sunny extroverts.

I cant make small talk, just cant do it. I dont watch football, nascar, basketball, or any other sport. Cant tell you who's playing tonight or what the score in the big game last night was. What do I think of this weather? I dunno, its February and cold, so I gets its fine. Is it cold enough for me? Yes. :dunno:

I have very few friends. I tend to let any budding friendships die on the vine, more or less through lack of interest on my part. I'm quiet by nature, and (I've been told) give off an aura of disinterest and impatience.

I enjoy my alone time, crave it, would be alone much more often if I were allowed that luxury. I've been driving truck for years, had times when I never spoke to another person (socially) for weeks at a time.

Most of the activities I enjoy can be don alone, or with minimal intrusion by others. Even posting here is more of an "alone" thing, since none of you are actually physically *here* and I can turn off the computer whenever.

Discuss.

2. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

Both. Sociopath. :)

3. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

I enjoy making small talk with large groups of loners.:supergrin:

4. Aces and 8s

Aces and 8s Dead Mans Hand

People person. I work in customer service so I really dont have much of a choice. Hahaha

5. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

Somewhere in between...depends on the time and place.

I train a lot of people at work, so I naturally talk a lot while I'm working. If I talk a lot all day, I like nothing better than sitting in front of the TV and not saying a damn word all night.

Depending on the social situation, I'll either sit back and observe, or be one of the obnoxious and observed :supergrin:

Overall though, I'd say I'm fairly introverted. I am comfortable talking to a group of 30 people if I'm getting paid for it, but I don't seek attention in general in a group of people I'm at a social occasion with. I REALLY enjoy my alone time when I can get it.

I guess I'm one of those enigmas wrapped in a mystery types, or something...pfffffft.

6. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

I'm quite comfortable being alone, and can deal with a with a crowd when I need to...

Remember: "Just because your alone, doesn't mean you're lonely"...

DD~

7. Lone Wolf8634

That must be....frustrating:tongueout:

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Same here... I don't mind the family BBQ, but also am quite content sitting at home messing around on the laptop, reading, etc.. I admit I am a bit anti-social when it comes to meeting new people.. but typically once the ice breaks, I don't have any problems.

IGF

9. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

People by nature are created for other people. Otherwise we would cease to exist as a species.

It is all a matter of what you can tolerate in other people. We all have our own threshold...

I am a people person....:wavey:

I just can't stand stupid people.:steamed:

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I enjoy small groups but avoid large gatherings if at all possible.

Having a plan to kill everyone in a 5 person gathering is reasonable, but 50 or 100 just gets to be a burden.

11. kenpoprofessor

kenpoprofessor

I'm an extroverted recluse. I love my alone time, but I'm a social butterfly when I want to be.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day.

Clyde

12. bocephus549

bocephus549 Bo Knows.......

At work....People Person.

Personal Life........Loner.

13. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

Loner. Never been much of a people person. If I have to go to a gathering. Only small groups. I've tried to work on it but everybody has their faults.:dunno:

14. raxar

raxar Golliwog

I'm inbetween as well, I never go out of my way to talk to someone I don't know, and if someone who I don't know engages me in conversation I usually end it quickly and leave. I usually feel uncomfortable if I'm with a large group of people in a social situation, even if I know people there I won't talk to them and usually just sit and observe. Yet I'm know as a very loud person. I've been told at work that people know if I'm there because they hear me talking from across the room. I don't even realize that I do it but I guess I borderline shout when I get worked up about something.

15. Lone Wolf8634

I actually become so stressed out in crowds that I have to leave. And I've never been lonely in my life.

I dont believe its a fault. We're all wired differently.:supergrin:

16. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

I spend most of my time on a different planet.

17. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

I hate people, but I love gatherings....go figure :supergrin:

Actually, I guess I should leave it to the 20 or 30 GTers I've met to determine if I'm a ppl prsn.

18. racer11

racer11

My GF is sort of like you,,,,she has little friends and does not get along in jobs that involve her working with others,,such as in a office. She is not good at small talk and in fact goes out of her way to avoid it. When we are out among people Iam opposite,,I talk to anybody and my GF just freeks out and wonders why I talk about such and such with someone I dont know.

My GF's daughter is the same as her,,,,she went thru High School and had not one date and she is Hot as hell,,,figure that. She never chated on the phone with other girls at school at all,,,not one phone call never in 4 years of High School. She never went out with friends or nothing,,,,I thought it was phreaking weird and no telling how she came across to the other kids in school.

My self I chat with people and they find me easy to talk to and many times tell me personal tid bits about themselves,,,,my GF just goes nuts when that happens and she just does not get it.

19. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

I'm somewhere in between, but the older I get the more I start seeing disturbing similarities between me and the character Red from That 70s Show.

20. farley45

farley45

Both, or that gray matter in between.

I enjoy alone time, and don't mind being by myself in the least. I actually enjoy being alone and doing things alone.

On the other hand I grew up as a military child and learned quick to make new friends everytime we moved. I am very comfortable talking with people I don't know and all that shooting the breeze stuff. I don't mind speaking infront of large groups of people, and enjoy meeting new people and having fun.

I guess I'm kind of torn between two modes of thought:dunno: