Are you a Chip off the Old Block?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Zell, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Now that you're all grow'd-up and old enough to own and shoot yur own gun . . .

. . . how much are you like your mother and father in terms of personality, habits, temperament, quirks, tastes, and other personality traits -- good or not so good -- that you inherited from them?

2. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

I'm proud to say that I'm the exact opposite of my Father.

3. ede

ede

This.

4. chris in va

chris in va

I didn't grow up with my father, but got to know him again 10 years ago. It's eerie how similar we are in a few ways...recreation interests, political ideals, firearm interests, narcolepsy...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  5. mustang6112

mustang6112 Watching

I like to think that I have held on to the good qualities, ditched the bad and improvised in between.

6. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

It's hard to tell, seeing as they abandoned me in a wolf den when I was 3 weeks old. Fortunately, after teaching myself to read using only a handful of candy wrappers I found in the woods, and discovering a lost Spanish treasure ship while pulling lobsters off the southern tip of Padre, I don't really have an interest in finding them anymore.

7. kcramer

kcramer

I have the conscience and worry gene of my mother...I can't even think of doing something wrong without it weighing on me. I have the work ethic of my dad. Everything he did had to be the best and perfect as possible. His way of thinking was, if you can't do it perfect, don't do it at all. Growing up, I thought this was bull******, now that I'm a man...I see why this was so important. No matter what I do, I have to make sure it's exactly how it should be. Some people have that "eff it, we're not building a church" attitude, but not me.

8. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

I have my father's lack of patience and ease of getting angry all too quick (especially with family). I also have his intellect, level-headedness, wisdom and drive to be a perfectionist.

From my mom, I have her tendency to be critical and judgmental of people at times yet on the other side of the coin to be compassionate and tender-hearted.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  9. Glockaround the Clock

Glockaround the Clock

I'm not like them much as to habits or activities. Looks wise I look like my Father . Oddly enough I remember praying I was adpoted when I was little.

10. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

cant say that im too much like him,

and he is proud of that,

I have gotten a few of the good traits from him, but i have become my own person..

11. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Nothing like my parents.

12. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

I bear a striking resemblance to my dad and I have my mom's hellfire temperament.

The upside is that I'm more than willing to stick up for myself and I look like I can back it up…the downside is that I'm apt to stick up for myself when I really just ought to keep my ****ing mouth shut. :embarassed:

13. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

I was adopted and spent my formative years around adults, not other children.

They are my folks regardless of biology: I have my dad's temper, my mom's heart, and my grandma's brains. I bear a striking resemblence to my mom (thank you God), articulate like my grandma, and fight like my dad.

In other words, I can kick your ass badly, talk my way out of it and get you to love me when it's all over.

14. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

I am nearly a carbon copy of my Father, with influences from my Grandfather.

15. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

^What he said...^

I did however pick up some of my dad's "*****hole" tendencies...

16. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

When examining most readily visible traits such as our core world views, politics, faith, etc, my dad and I are polar opposites.

I am ashamed to say however that when we examine our personalities; I am an ugly mirror of his ugly bad habits.

17. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

I was raised by my mom and a string of poor-choice husbands/stepfathers and I am a lot like her.

Politically and clone of her. (She worked with/for the Arizona Republican Party for decades and HATED John McCain. Thank God she didn't live long enough to see him get the nomination. THAT would have killed her.)

Spiritually, emotionally and financially, I have my sheet together, my mom never did.

I met my dad when was 42, and surprisingly, I am more like him then all his other kids.

18. huskerbuttons

huskerbuttons

I am exactly like my Dad. And that's a good thing!

19. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

I honestly don't know. I didn't know my parents well. What little I do know of them, I am nothing like, and that's a good thing.

20. janice6

janice6

Some years ago I looked into the mirror and my father was looking back at me. Unnerving.

I try to have the self confidence he had, but the fairness to women that he never had.