Are we wining the War in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by GreenBeret1631, Apr 11, 2005.

1. TRACERFIRE

TRACERFIRE Pistolero

That article never really says either way. It just sort of explains the situation. But, since the insurgents clearly cannot move on to "phase III" as the author noted, their chances on ever winning the war are absolutely zero. On the other hand, they could suceed by eroding public support back here in the states to the point that we withdraw our troops. That would be a defeat, but not in a military sense. So.........It depends on how you look at it. In a military sense, it was a resounding victory. The insurgents have never bested US troops in open combat. And they never will. Let's just hope the American people and the Libbies have the intestinal fortitude to stick this one out. I spent 14 months over there, and I'd go back in a heartbeat if I thought it was necessary for victory.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Everybody knows how to win wars, but how do you win the heart & mind?

Though I'm only talking out of my hind end here, but I do believe that in order to win the heart and the mind, the people must be beaten to a pulp ala Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Half measures and hearts & minds sure as hell didn't work in Vietnam.

3. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

fnfalman, here is how my son who is there sees it:
    http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=365689

4. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

^6

5. reconvic

reconvic Recon Marine

In the Nam doing things that were politically correct started and see where it got us. I feel instead of creating another Nam we should go in and do as we were trained no press allowed and end this "war" fast. Our Generals now have there hands tied these days, for the grunts it is againist everything were we taught.Any man and women that chewed the same mud as I did I feel will agree.

6. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Great jump photo there reconvic!!!

When the red outlined boxes on our intel maps started showing up more frequently with "NBA" in the center, and the area inside the box was not a civilian structure, we knew things were "not going well".

NBA = No-Bomb-Area

Somehow, within a few days of a new "box" showing up on our maps of the Trail, Charlie started using the area. How the hell did that happen?;P

Please keep the politicians out of this one...:) :)