GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Well since the ammo is all about gone I could see a run on TP again, if only because the “herd” lacks imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m down to my last 40 rolls. My friends and I learned from the first go ‘round.
40 rolls, hell you must really be FOS!

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Cause it's so squeezably soft... ya gotta have at least a spare 40 round dbl super rolls 1000+ squares/roll mega-pack stashed somewheres. Doncha?!?! It's like being down to your last box of WWB 9mm!?!?!?! OMG! or steel cased Tula... (the shame)

None of that John Wayne "don't take no crap off nobody" cheap TP stuff either.

Cheap out on the ammo? Sure. Cheap out on the TP? You're kidding me, right? Buy it expensive, stack it where you can get at it when there's nothing left on the dang roller but an empty cardboard tube... sigh (i hate it when that happens)

Better to have it and not need it...

Reactions: DJ Niner

·
Registered
9,909 Posts

Better to have it and not need it...
And toilet paper doesn't go "bad", so you aren't wasting money stocking up on it.

Unless, of course, mice get into the piled rolls of wonderful nesting material....

Reactions: Baba Louie

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
I start to worry two weeks into a panic shortage........of course all the data I have is from 2020

·
Enigma
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
32,817 Posts
I didn't buy any tonight but I did buy rice, pasta, and sauce!

My wife thinks I'm nuts but I remember when covid panic started her friends told her there's no toilet paper left to buy, she asked me if we had any? I said yes and gave her a roll to give as a birthday gift, it was well received!

I don't know what's going to happen after election day if anything but I'm stocking up on the essentials!
In general, we should be stocked up.

How much extra? A good rule of thumb is to stock enough until the point you run out of space, you will never use it, or it will go bad. Balance that with having at least 3 months supplies.

So the answer is between 3 months and infinity :)

There is a risk of mice or water damage with toilet paper. Some people might not have a lot of space. But 60 rolls seems a good round number to keep on hand. Those don't get used. Maybe rotated in, but always at least 60. That means at any moment you might have between 61 and 90 rolls, depending upon the pack size you buy.

This way of thinking is my suggestion for all your supplies.

·
Registered
24,673 Posts
I just bought 109 rolls of TP - (64 for my wife and 45 of what I use) I bet we have 170+ rolls

I also bought 30 rolls of paper towels - the good ones.

BTW the shortage was not really because people were hording TP -

When everyone is working and in school 60% of TP usage is outside the home - the commercial paper is made in a different facility and uses different materials and packaging.

The TP companies can't just switch over -

Plus the demand for TP is so constant that most factories were set up to be running close to capacity - no reason to build extra.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Just when we thought the TP panic was finally over...NOW YOU'VE DONE IT...
Need STEAKS so, Costco tomorrow should I or shouldn't I...well, one extra pack of TP wouldn't hurt...some Chicken breasts, Salmon, pack of CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA (excellent), Shrimp, POTATO PANCAKES what else for sure never under $200. (Boo hoo no HOT DOGS)
Our dogs, huh, pampered little brats, pee in the house, sometimes poop, occasional upchuck, but hey, whatever they do is OK, we love them, Democrats that they are,...
9 mm Ammo, well, lets just say we have ....ample.... Also 223, 12 gauge, 38, 357, 45...oh and some 22 also.... :couch: :eek:uttahere:

21 - 40 of 67 Posts