GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't buy any tonight but I did buy rice, pasta, and sauce!

My wife thinks I'm nuts but I remember when covid panic started her friends told her there's no toilet paper left to buy, she asked me if we had any? I said yes and gave her a roll to give as a birthday gift, it was well received!

I don't know what's going to happen after election day if anything but I'm stocking up on the essentials!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I stock up the freezer and bought some propane for the portable gas stove just in case the power goes out. If that happen, I'll wrap the freezer with duck taped blankets, should take awhile to defrost.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I never came close to getting low on TP after covid hit, but I've been buying a case a week for the past six weeks or so. I'll keep doing that through the election, at the least. I'm stocking up on other things as well.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
The VAST majority of animals live outside and try pretty hard to be ignored by humans.
So we`re gonna split hairs now. Well, domesticated animals dont normally take harsh cold or hot weather very well. How about you start living outside in the rain and snow for the rest of your life and see how you like it. Lets put a chain around your neck, tie you to your dog house 24/7. Then let someone else decide when you can eat, or how much you wont get fed & watered.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m down to my last 40 rolls. My friends and I learned from the first go ‘round.

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
Lol, it's always funny when those who go out of their way to offend others get offended.

·
Registered
452 Posts
So we`re gonna split hairs now. Well, domesticated animals dont normally take harsh cold or hot weather very well. How about you start living outside in the rain and snow for the rest of your life and see how you like it. Lets put a chain around your neck, tie you to your dog house 24/7. Then let someone else decide when you can eat, or how much you wont get fed & watered.
No need. I'm already married.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
We have a industrial supply place near by and I went and bought a case of really good tp actually. I think it was 96 rolls and was like $85 or so. With just me and the wife here it should last us a good while.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Yea, I've been adding a roll or two everytime wife and I go shopping. I've also been buying extra "stuff" in general.

Seems like as the china virus deaths drop lower and lower, governors talk more and more about another lockdown. My governor just NOW added fines for not wearing masks - in September?? What about last March, April, or May?? At least I think the numbers are dropping... everyone makes up their own graphs and conclusions using the exact same numbers....

Oh, and I feel bad about pets that never get to go outside. My dog and cats are "indoor/outdoor" pets, pet door is open during the day so they can go in and out as they want - door closed at night to keep them in to avoid being dinner for the coyotes.

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)
1 - 20 of 67 Posts