Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
©South Fla 2019
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text Line Font Screenshot Number

As you can see, I asked my local gun emporium about Gen 3 Glock 19s, and they said they were discontinued. Any truth to this nasty rumor? I called Glock in Georgia and they told me to call another extension and they didn't answer.

·
Registered
328 Posts
View attachment 374418

As you can see, I asked my local gun emporium about Gen 3 Glock 19s, and they said they were discontinued. Any truth to this nasty rumor? I called Glock in Georgia and they told me to call another extension and they didn't answer.
I feel is any gun shop gives you bad advise that would be my last trip to that shop. Of course I'd make sure the person who gave me bad advise was the owner. If not, I'd
contact the owner so he or she would know the employee
is giving false information.
The same with chain stores. (even department stores)
See the manager.
Any information about firearms should be checked.
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

·
Registered
296 Posts
There’s no chance of a Gen 4 making the California list of approved fire arms due to a requirement of micro imprinting (a technology that is impractical).

You’ll likely see the Gen 4 discontinued and left with Gen 3&5

·
State of Jefferson Resident
764 Posts
There’s no chance of a Gen 4 making the California list of approved fire arms due to a requirement of micro imprinting (a technology that is impractical).

You’ll likely see the Gen 4 discontinued and left with Gen 3&5
Micro stamping is a technology that ca. Is requiring on all new pistols before they will allow them on the
"Approved list" However it's a technology that does not actually exist. God I hate this F&[email protected] up state.

·
M62/76
13,133 Posts
LGSs have been telling us that "they're stopping production of Gen 3s" since Gen4s hit shelves in Jan 2010.

Reactions: Dcc65

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
View attachment 374418

My guess would be sold out since Black Friday and telling you whatever they need to tell you to get you in to buy something they do have in stock.

As was mentioned, until newer generation Glocks make the approved list in communist states, the Gen 3 will go nowhere.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
In this area we have several Gun Stores, as well as two Large Sporting Goods Stores. I was in and out of several in the last two weeks, as well as several Pawn shops, and most of them had G-19s, gens 3/4/5 on the shelves. Just not too many used ones.

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.