are there any MD's on the forum

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by smiley, Sep 19, 2020.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

And a one-eyed, no-no’d nothing.

2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

Do it. Money WELL spent.

G30SF/F-250 and Scamp57 like this.

3. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

The GT braintrust is great at identifying tools, but I would hesitate to take their medical advice.

As someone above suggested, I would talk to your pharmacist.

Bill Keith and FullClip like this.
  4. Scamp57

Scamp57

This.

5. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

How ya doin' today, op?

MB-G26 and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  6. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Not offering any medical advice, but if you have insurance does it cover telemedicine, or have an "ask a nurse" line where you can discuss your issue with a health professional?

Working in the COVID-19 world, we are all at risk when we enter the public realm. There are a lot of control measures to access healthcare. You may need to just "mask-up" and go see a Dr.

Bill Keith likes this.
  7. bruscifer

bruscifer

I have a herniated L5 with stenosis. Like nearly everyone. When it first hit me some 20 years ago I was in bad shape. Flat on my back for a week, and off work for a month. PT, pain meds, Flexeril the whole deal. I got better and went back to work, but I was running out of my pain meds. I mentioned this to a nurse I worked with and she suggested one Advil and Ibuprofen BID. I can't remember the milligrams but it was on the high side for both. So I did that and really couldn't tell a difference between it and the prescription medications I was on. That has been suggested here but I would try just doing one each twice a day and see if it does the trick. Good luck. Back pain sucks!

8. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Not a doctor here....but I have found this handy advice.
    [​IMG]

9. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

Moist heat...get a hydrocollator. Lasts for years...hot or cold. Amazing pain relief.

10. RenoF250

RenoF250

I use an inversion table every day. It seems you have to do it every day. If I am gone for a week it take 3 days or so it get my back loosened up again.

I would be careful though. When I first did it my back spasmed a bit as I started to go over. I was afraid I was going to be stuck upside down. Take it slow at first.

jimcorbin likes this.
  11. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Facebook marketplace is flooded with inversion tables. You can get one on there for fifty bucks.

jimcorbin and Joshhtn like this.
  12. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

Yes.
    Only handle the dead.
    Some a couple of thousand years old.
    :)

engineer151515 likes this.
  13. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

If somebody had told me that the below would actually WORK! I would have told them they were both stupid AND crazy. RLongeally BAD bone, muscle, & joint pain, blahblah. Long story shortened: I started using a similar, but less strong, hemp-thingie (NON! thc) product: 150% assuming I was tossing $ down the drain on the experiment. Day 1, 2, 3, 4 - nada day 5: wholley moley, that stuff is actually working! (And, when it's 4 million degrees out and the AC is maxed to no avail, having to live on heating pads on "highest" setting is NO DAMN WAY to have to live.)

I ended up trying the below stuff (from nearby Yuppie grocery, no less LOL)... a.maz.ing. NO THC or other 'pot-esque' ingredients, rather, 750mg. hemp extract - whatever THAT is..... I remain clueless as to why hemp anything does whatever it does -' but there are a LOT of days I wouldn't be able to walk, reach, etc., w/o it. Hell, after having true migraine headaches for decards -- tiny smackerel of the below stuff on each temple & center of forehead -- bye bye head pain.
    I IN NO WAY THOUGHT ANY SUCH PRODUCT WOULD DO SQUAT. Happy to be wrong, though.

Lest this sound like a stupid Informercial... i have no connection to this product or company -- other than not being able to function many days without it. (It is a tpoical thingie - no ingestion involved.)
    20200920_142045.jpg [/I]

jimcorbin likes this.
  14. cbetts1

cbetts1

I would go to a Chiropractor, wear a mask. I see a bunch of chiropractors on YouTube have been up and making their videos. Take vit D and Zinc.

15. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Chiropractor might help you

16. MB-G26

I WISH I could find a "good ol fashioned country doctor" as my chiro, likely long gone now, used to say -- 4 million years ago. The old fashioned, snap crackle, compare leg lengths, snap crackle method - not that (reportedly still a Thing) 'Toftness (sp?) Technique' dumbarsed nonsense mechanicalesque arm with the little mini-pressure- applying protrusion thingie. THAT did no good, repeatedly.AAAnd, at 18 times the price along with the Used Car Salesy "treatment plan" bs.
    <grumble grumble>

17. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

Do they still vote democrat?

18. cbetts1

cbetts1

If they give you the line that it will take this many treatments to fix it and you have to pay up front, run. That is such a scam, amazed they don't get hammered for that. It's impossible tell how long it will take. We have a few that do that, I would never walk into their office. We found a husband/wife office and they are good.

MB-G26 likes this.
  19. MB-G26

Yup. Aside from my own, years earlier sitch, 'they' tried that bs at a chiro practice my (sick, disabled, barely ambulatory, Parkinson's+ ) father had wanted to try. [Ditto with acupuncture, but at least no Used Car bs - it didn't work (either)]. So I let them do their 'diagnostic' xrays and whatnot... but, NO, not buying into that XYZ number of visits 3 times weekly for 8,623-months bs. SO NOPE. Simply not a Happening Thing.

20. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

IF your body can handle it, that stuff burns up my stomach, yes even when taking with food.

Ouch!

lol no more than 2400mg in 24hrs for no longer than 10 days, at least thats what the Rhuemtologist told me.