GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,566 Posts
Please see @FullClip at the front desk concerning your co-pay.

·
The eBay Guy
20,654 Posts
OP, need any help selling junk on Fleabay? I can offer actual professional advice concerning that particular topic. :thumbsup:

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Only on page 2/3.
Baloney-speak placebo effect?
Going "loopy" on OTC NSAID?
Um, something else is going on if that's an honest characterization of OTC NSAID effect....

Or assume the liability for any advice. Anybody that gets "loopy" from ibuprofen should probably avoid NSAIDs altogether until they can see someone to manage their case.

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
I need this, as it is described. Ummm.....
The best OTC NSAID pain/anti-inflamatory drug I have ever used I got in Mexico when I had a tooth implant. I had zero pain with either the tooth removal or the implant and credit that to the Dorixina the doc prescribed to me (not that you need a script to get it in Mexico).

Dorixina (Clonixin lysine). https://www.drugs.com/international/dorixina.html

My GF was having major issues at the time with plantar fasciitis and nothing she got here either OTC or by prescription worked for her. She tried some of my Dorixina and it relieved her pain. I made another trip to Algodonos and stocked up on Dorixina and that is what she used for months during the process of getting her off the knee walker (her plantar fasciitis really was that bad).

I have no idea why Dorixina is not sold in the USA, it is much more effective at pain management than all of the other NSAIDs I have tried, without adding the issues of opiates.

Dorixina Relax (Clonixin lysine plus Cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) adds a muscle relaxant effect. This might be even more effective for your issues. I have never used this version so no experience to report.

Too bad the border with Mexico is closed till the end of October due to Covid.

Reactions: Haldor

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Reactions: berto62 and flyover

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
4,127 Posts
Have you tried a fentanyl patch? That should get you through until you can see a provider. Just kidding.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Good luck OP. Naproxen, a NSAID like ibuprofen but different for me. Vivid colorful nightmares. Holy crap! No more.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Go to the street and score some oxy or heroin.

Reactions: Budqweiser

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
hi guys , all kidding aside. well local clinic I went to is closed down, I live in a high virus area in NY so hospital is out, could use some advise from a MD , on a over the counter pain killer for a bad back to hold my over.

many thanks,
I’m not a doctor, but this works. Two Tylenol and 3 200 mg. Ibuprofen taken at the same time. Do not do this if you have kidney disease or stomach ulcers. Don’t do this on a regular basis either.

I checked with a Pharmacist some years ago on this combination. It’s safe as long as you’re careful.

Edit: I noticed that Ibuprofen makes you feel weird. In that case don’t do this combination. Go with Naproxen and nothing else.

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
I'll let you know the next time I go to Mexico. Probably around Thanksgiving.
MUCHLY THANKYOU!I I already PMd you my number, I think?

I used to get my thyroid stuff and such via online/Mex long ago and far away (no ins.)
P.S. I need to talk shotguns... (proper size for my widdle, short, grey-haired ladyness... I am worse than ignorant when it comes to 'long guns' - and given where I will be living for the foreseeable, I am very concerned about over penetration... dudes, minds otta de gutter, kk? )

Reactions: Haldor and flyover

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,359 Posts
This won't go well. Go see a doctor or use teledoc.
Just what is needed. Medical advice on a gun forum. What could go wrong?
This site has an excellent track record of not killing anyone with medical advice, and no malpractice suits. (is there a link to a list of missing members?)
Some doctors here and lot of people who "been there, done that". :)

Reactions: Joshhtn and MB-G26

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
I need this, as it is described. Ummm.....
I agree, I was doing some googling on it and it is not available in Europe either but no reason given. My conspiracy theorist says the company that own the patent does not have a good enough lobbyist.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,519 Posts
I've always used eye of newt and toe of frog for that type of pain. Here is the whole recipe if you want to use it:
“Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.”

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Okkie dokkey then, 'Mur...

(stifled under-giggle)
I've always used eye of newt and toe of frog for that type of pain. Here is the whole recipe if you want to use it:
“Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.”

·
Horselover Fat
33,029 Posts
I had a herniated/bulging disc L 4-5. Lower back bothered me for years. Doctors kept giving me Percocet/Vicodin and the muscle relaxant Flexeril. On the advice from a couple guys at work, I got an inversion table and it stopped my back pain. But 2 different doctors I asked about inversion tables said they could not recommend one. I guess not, it puts them out of business.
My PCP doc recommended this to me! He said to go on Amazon or eBay, get one for $200 or so. I’m going to try it soon!

41 - 60 of 85 Posts