are there any MD's on the forum

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by smiley, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Dave514

Dave514

Or assume the liability for any advice. Anybody that gets "loopy" from ibuprofen should probably avoid NSAIDs altogether until they can see someone to manage their case.

2. flyover

flyover

Speaking of doctors, anybody hear from PicardMD? Last seen on the forum back in August, I think.

BEANCOUNTER and MB-G26 like this.

3. smiley

smiley

hi , the "loopy" from ibuprofen happens after a week or more of use , it take some time

4. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

I am sure GT is not in your network and your co-pay is required.

5. RenoF250

RenoF250

I find generic icy hot works better than any pills and should not have any side effects. Sometimes it gets very hot though and sometimes not at all. I think it depends on how oily your skin is.

I general NSAIDs do nothing for me, I cannot even tell I took them.

Muscle relaxers work better than pain meds for me also but my back problems are generally muscular.

If you do go to a doc, I would recommend you ask for help fixing your back not asking for pain relief. They are very sensitive to those asking for relief and likely won't give you anything.

You could also try meditation, it works better than I would have thought.

MB-G26 likes this.
  6. bdcochran

bdcochran

Bad back - You go to a doctor. Workup with MRI and Physical Medicine Doctor. He coordinates with Physical therapist. Doctors have moved from back surgery and needle sticks to whole body approach with a pill form that works like cortisone. Very dangerous medicine. Back pain should go away totally. Serious side effects, very serious. I am 2 months past this treatment and still dealing with side effect. If I thought that there were any short cut with an over-the-counter medication, I sure as h--- would have done it. Doesn't exist.

MB-G26 likes this.
  7. Scamp57

Scamp57

Is it a disc problem or muscle spasm?

Bill Keith likes this.
  8. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

The best OTC NSAID pain/anti-inflamatory drug I have ever used I got in Mexico when I had a tooth implant. I had zero pain with either the tooth removal or the implant and credit that to the Dorixina the doc prescribed to me (not that you need a script to get it in Mexico).

Dorixina (Clonixin lysine). https://www.drugs.com/international/dorixina.html

My GF was having major issues at the time with plantar fasciitis and nothing she got here either OTC or by prescription worked for her. She tried some of my Dorixina and it relieved her pain. I made another trip to Algodonos and stocked up on Dorixina and that is what she used for months during the process of getting her off the knee walker (her plantar fasciitis really was that bad).

I have no idea why Dorixina is not sold in the USA, it is much more effective at pain management than all of the other NSAIDs I have tried, without adding the issues of opiates.

Dorixina Relax (Clonixin lysine plus Cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) adds a muscle relaxant effect. This might be even more effective for your issues. I have never used this version so no experience to report.

Too bad the border with Mexico is closed till the end of October due to Covid.

MB-G26 likes this.
  9. smiley

smiley

hi , a radiculopathy with musule spasm fist, twice a year its last longer than a few days this is one of those times

10. Scamp57

Scamp57

Is this your lower back?

11. smiley

smiley

hi yes , lower lumbar

12. Scamp57

Scamp57

Can you drive or have someone else drive you to an area that can help you, Like Vermont or maybe NJ? Not sure if you mean NY City or somewhere in NY state.

13. Prh555

Prh555

I've had two back surgeries...L4-5. Before surgeries I would go to a chiropractor for spine alignment (vibration while sitting) and ice and elec stimulation. Worked wonders. I am a retired ICU RN.

flyover likes this.
  14. flyover

flyover

Know any good physical therapists? I have something similar with my neck. Spurs up higher in the front and diminished disc space down lower in the neck. Nerves get pinched and the side of my face, arm and leg start going all tingly. Did some P/T and have a coupe of neck exercises to do. I put a heating pad on my neck before going to bed to help loosen the neck muscles. I also have a TENS unit that I can attach the pads to the side of my neck and upper back muscles to help keep the muscles from knotting up. I just have to be careful on the placement of the pads on the side of the neck.

15. Scamp57

Scamp57

I had a herniated/bulging disc L 4-5. Lower back bothered me for years. Doctors kept giving me Percocet/Vicodin and the muscle relaxant Flexeril. On the advice from a couple guys at work, I got an inversion table and it stopped my back pain. But 2 different doctors I asked about inversion tables said they could not recommend one. I guess not, it puts them out of business.

16. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

I recently purchased one for my herniated discs and it has been a game changer!

17. NMG26

NMG26

18. BlueBayShepherd

BlueBayShepherd

I think he mentioned that he is pretty busy with COVID stuff.

Joshhtn likes this.
  19. BlueBayShepherd

BlueBayShepherd

OP, I'm not qualified to give you any medical advice, but I hope you find a treatment that makes the pain go away.

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. Pain sucks. I hope you feel better soon!

Upgrayedd and Joshhtn like this.
  20. flyover

flyover

That's what I was thinking but haven't caught any of his posts for awhile.