close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are reloads really prohibited in GSSF?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by gary newport, May 14, 2004.

1. gary newport

gary newport

Are reloads really prohibited in GSSF matches?

The rulebook says "use only" commercial ammo. This sounds like a rule, but it could be interpreted as a caution. Since I will be shooting my G21 against folks with G17 9 minimeter, I'd like to "level the playing field" a bit by using a softer load in .45.

2. Willard

Willard Who, me?

No, reloads are not prohibited. However, if you have a jam while firing a string, you will be allowed to re-shoot that stage only if you are using factory ammo. If using your own reloads, you're just SOL. At least, that's the way the rules read. Individual ROs may allow you to re-shoot anyway.

Just test your ammo enough to KNOW that it is reliable.

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Sounds like a suggestion to me.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Only A Suggestion. Reloads have always been allowed in GSSF, the day they are not allowed they may as well go home because 99% of all GSSF Competitors shoot reloads. Doesn't mean everyone should but you should always have the option. I have no problem accepting the rule that if I have a AMMO malfunction that I am not entitled to an automatic reshoot. I have full confidence in all my loads. They are fully in compliance with published load data.;c

5. Clem

Clem

99%? Durn, Don, didn't know I was such a MINORITY!! ;f ;f ;f Maybe one day I'll get back to reloadin'!

6. Dino Rustler

Dino Rustler

As stated reloads are ok. i have Ro'ed the GSSF match for 8 years and I would say the great majority of malfunctions are reloaded ammo problems. If it is factory ammo or weapon problem then a reshoot is done.
    I have actually seen shooter show up with reloaded ammo they have not tried before the event.
    It is your choice. I simply prefer to go buy some factory ammo and use it. The one time I did have a malfunction I got to reshoot.

7. Don At PC

Clem, you wouldn't believe what a "Minority" you are. ;f ;f ;f See'ya at Indy old Buddy.;c

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Personally I'd just as soon you keep shooting factory ammo Tony. :)

9. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Reall I'll second That;N Oh, Tony I have some really great factory loads for you to shoot. You will love them. I think they are +P+++++ rounds great accuracy! That way maybe some of us over here in the shallow end of the pool will have a chance.

Pharaoh

10. GJM89

GJM89

Tony, I've got some special reloads for you for Conyers, Trust Me!!!;n ;n ;n ;N ;N ;N ;T ;T ;T ^c ^c ^c

11. THE VOID

THE VOID

I have been shooting GSSF for 4-5 years now, shooting 3 matches per year, and I have never shot a reload at a match. I did finish 6th in AM. Civ and 2nd in Comp. at Waldorf last year with Win White Box. Shooting both classed with my non-ported 17. If my score sheets had been switched I could have won Am. Civ. Dang It! Don't you hate it when your warm up is better than your second round.

No big deal either way. But finally, I am a minority! Yea Haw!

Dayton

12. Clem

Clem

Gee, thanks, guys!! I sure can feel the luv!! ;3;3;3 ^5^5^5 ;3;3;3 With everybody's "help", how can I go wrong? ;)

13. Dirty Steve

Dirty Steve

You all need to leave Tony a lone and don't encourage him to shoot reloads. I mean it's his choice to shoot it and his dime. So lets all get on board here. PLUS, He practices at my range and I thieve his empties.^5 ;n ^3

14. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

No hidden agenda there! ;)

15. Clem

Clem

Steve, I DID notice all my empties DISAPPEAR mysteriously shortly after hitting the ground. ;f So, YOU'RE the legendary Brass Monster! ;P BTW, stop spreading rumors about me "practicing"! ;a Take care!

16. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Oh, so that's how you are so good!

Pharaoh;z

17. Comrade Bork

Comrade Bork

I watched Scott do two "calibration runs" on the Glock M poppers at Waldorf on request. On one of them, I overheard the shooter and Safety Officers say that the shooter got solid, clean center hits with a .40, 180 grain load on the popper in question. Scott shot all three of those poppers, and later, three of the others, right along the line of the bottom of the circular part with a 9mm G17. All six poppers went right down. Methinks some shooters out there are loading their Glock fodder a miiiiite too light! ;P

18. GJM89

GJM89

Tony, you admit to practicing, I have to check with Fireglock, but I think we saw somewhere in the Rule's that practice is cheating, or did I just make that up when I told someone else that at Statesville??????;Q ;Q ;Q ;Q ;Q

19. Clem

Clem

Glenn, I admitted NOTHING! It's just a nasty rumor!! See ya in Conyers if not before then! ;f ;f

20. Don At PC

What, you mean old retired Glenn is not going to Indy? I am devastated, simply devastated. ;1 ;1 ;1 ;N ;N ;N ~1 ~1 ~1 ~2 ^3