close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

are JETHRO reloads safe for glock

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by vic2_187, Jul 8, 2005.

1. vic2_187

vic2_187

im curious? has anyone shot jethro reloads thru their glock 19? and is it safe? i used to have a sig 226 before and their reloads ran perfectly. im just curious if anyone has any bad experiences with jethro's(alabang) reloads and their glocks... thanks

2. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

As long as you use an aftermarket barrel that is fully supported (like the barsto), i guess there is no problem with reloads specially lead heads. My experience with Jethro, Stronghand and Tue Weight are A-Ok. They use good components, good equipment and they have years of experience.

3. isuzu

isuzu

Reloading boils down to three factors: 1) Components, 2) Equipment, 3) Human Factor.

No matter how famous the name of the gunstore if careful attention is not followed on these three factors, reloads are no good.

4. vega

vega

I have a shooting buddy who uses Jethro reloads for his G30. He had 1 squibb before and he was doing double tap. The squib loads first and you know what happened on the second tap. Jethro paid half the cost to get a new barrel. I'm not saying Jethro reloads are bad, it could happen to any reloader. There are not many reloaders there in PR so you don't really have a choice unless you want to invest on a reloader.

vega

5. theTactician

theTactician

i feel like..scared to try reloads...makes me have these second thoughts of using reloads for my G23. what do you think? in my HK USP 9, im fond of using reloads coz the HK really doesnt compromise.
    With my Glock, i think i'll be using brand new ammo all the time. Though it would be very expensive.

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

hi,

for reloads, gauging your ammo using your G23's barrel would certainly minimize the risk

7. vega

vega

+1
    Don't buy those after market gauge. Your barrel is the best guage.

vega