Are Homosexuals born or made?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Vic777, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Syclone0538

Syclone0538

Several people have asked why anyone here cares. I find psychiatry interesting. Nature vs nurture is interesting to me for another topic, and homosexuality seems to apply in some of the same ways.

2. Guss

Guss

There's also the matter of shared needles.
    But there's already a good bit of the AIDS virus in the female population - 17% of US sex workers.

3. Guss

Guss

Even newborns can have HIV. Work for a cure.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

It became OK for homosexuals be scout leaders.

Now the Boy Scouts are seeking bankruptcy protection because they are being sued into oblivion because of the perverts molesting the boys.

It is a mental disorder.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

5. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Are homosexuals born or made? Well, both and then some. Some are born. Some are made. Some are just because it's popular right now. You remember that boy or that girl in school, that was just a little softer or just a little rougher, even in elementary school? You knew something was a little different, but fourth graders back then didn't know what homosexual meant. Many of the homosexuals I've known over the years, suffered at the hands of abusive parents. I have a niece that I've always been very close to. She's about the same age as my triplet daughters. I always referred to her as a funny little bird. She was never acted quite the same as my daughters. She was just never a girly girl, even when she was very young. She's super smart. She was an insatiable reader, even at 4 years old. On a summer vacation, she taught herself to swim, after never having been in a pool before. She taught herself to ride a bike and skipped training wheels completely. When liked working with me on my cars or home repair or construction projects. When she did, Nicole called herself "Nick". She's a stunningly beautiful blonde with green eyes. She would make Nicole Kidman would look like Michael Moore. I'd have to say she was born that way. Is it a sin? Well, that's between her an God. Until I figure out how to be perfect, I choose not to expect it of others either.

G-nineteen, Jade Falcon and lazarus66 like this.
  6. fg17

fg17

You May have mis read my post. Is it a choice to be heterosexual? Either way, I totally am in support of consenting adults being who and with who they want to.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Jade Falcon likes this.
  7. fg17

fg17

Oh come on, use your imagination. Don’t want to get to graphic, but even straight folks have sex other way than the “normal” male to female parts, and they (seem/do) to get enjoyment out of it.

pgg00, clancy and Jade Falcon like this.
  8. clancy

clancy

So that has only happened since homosexuals were allowed to be scout leaders? Hell, the founder of The Boy Scouts, Robert Baden-Powell was most likely gay and was known to take pictures, lots of pictures, of nude teenage boys while they were swimming.

https://knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/0...boy-scouts-was-probably-a-flaming-homosexual/

There has been a long history of scout leaders molesting scouts.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/12000-boy-scout-members-victims-sexual-abuse-expert/story?id=62573567

Jade Falcon and slamdunc like this.
  9. rogn

rogn real dogs

Darwin certainly supports your theory. Taking a slightly different example, the Shakers, with their vows of celibacy achied the same end.
    Now could it be that some of the alphabet group cheat-----at times.

10. First shot

First shot

30, 40, years ago, I was in the “choose to be that way” camp.. But after many years and finding out that some of the people I grew up with were gay, I started singing a different tune...especially when I realized that it was the ones that always seemed a “bit different” when we were kids.. kinda like it’s been there since the beginning... During the 60’s in rural Pa., and growing up out in farm country, anyone being a “bit different” stuck right out.., but at 10 or 12 years old, and being true “pinky swear in blood” friends was all that mattered to us...For the most part, I’m in with @Dave514 on this one...

Jade Falcon and Dave514 like this.
  11. HarlDane

HarlDane

The molestation lawsuits (largely against men who identify at heterosexual) came long before the gay leaders.

pgg00 and Jade Falcon like this.
  12. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

13. fg17

fg17

Kind of off topic, I’ve said this before. But there is a lot of assumptions about LGBTQ folks. Not all lesbians are masculine acting “butch”, I have a woman friend that’s a lesbian and looks like a model, a real girlie girlie, you would never know just talking to her. And not all gay men are “flamboyant” and feminine acting. One of the toughest guys I ever bounced with was bi sexual. He was a skilled grappler, in shape and very strong. He had zero trouble dealing with heterosexual so called alpha males when it came time to get violent. You would never know by just talking to him.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  14. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

I got all twisted up during my childhood with Carter followed by Reagan. I guess I have no problems going either way. Leaning towards Pete, Amy and Bernie this time around. :devildance:

15. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI AUTIST

I think some people choose to be gay and others are influenced from a young age to be gay without even realizing it, so to them it's normal. I don't think anyone is born gay.

OXMYX likes this.
  16. thespork

thespork

Aids is largely a heterosexual issue in Africa...
    Not that this matters for this discussion, but I thought I'd just correct one little point of ignorance re being a "gay" disease..

Jade Falcon and ranger1968 like this.
  17. G-nineteen

G-nineteen

I'm astonished that through 175 replies, with attitudes that come close to hate, this thread has not been locked. Good job, folks.

In this thread, there have been many anecdotes from those who "just knew" that little Timmy or Susie was different from a very young age, and in time their observations turned out correct.

There has not been one anecdote describing a person sitting down with a notepad, calculator, spreadsheet, and drawing up a decision tree, flow chart, or matrix to decide which gender they wanted to be with.

Hmmm...would I want to be ostracized from family and friends, face discrimination in the workplace, and face greater odds of violence in public? What kind of a decision is that?

18. thespork

thespork

The vast, vast majority of those men were married heterosexuals...
    Like seriously, name one that was openly gay... You literally cant...

And as long as you are conflating homosexuality with pedophilia, you'll need to explain why young girls are far more likely to be abused than young girls ..

Jade Falcon likes this.
  19. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

Interesting. It sure seems like a lot of heterosexual females tend to do that. Especially at the beach, clubs and during spring. Of course, the heterosexual males don't seem to complain about it too much and even encourage it. Just a thought.
    Probably like you, I am pretty accepting of things as long as they don't affect me in a negative way.

20. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Read my earlier comment about my niece. There was no one to influence her that way. You could tell there was something different about her, even when she was very young. How might one three or four year old influence another to be gay?

Jade Falcon likes this.