Are Homosexuals born or made?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Vic777, Feb 16, 2020.

1. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

I'll leave the Bible part alone, but people are born with certain anatomical parts which determine which sex they are AND which sex they can mate with. If I were a plumber, I would realize that a male threaded nipple cannot be connected to another male nipple. It is not the way of nature, but if someone chooses that path, it doesn't effect my life one way or another, unless they are trying to shove their ideology down my throat.

Jade Falcon and geo57 like this.
  2. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

Like Multiplicity?

5028CF47-7E0E-41AD-B744-AB41987C53C1.jpeg

Seriously, I think it is likely a spectrum without one single answer. Most are genetically hard-wired, some genetically pre-disposed and it depends on environmental influences during critical developmental times, while others may be behaviorally influenced.

hogarth and geo57 like this.

3. fg17

fg17

Not really a good analogy, being that certain parts do fit. More than one way to skin a cat so to speak. As far as not the way of nature, kind of seems it’s been the way of nature for some since the beginning of time.

4. DrewBone

DrewBone

I don't care whether they're born with that tendency or not.

But I will say this; I don't appreciate those who insist on pushing this lifestyle in my face, or the media claiming that this behaviour is normal, or that I should blindly accept it, or the fact that if I speak out against it I'm homophobic, and lastly that I can be punished more severely by laws that were written specifically to protect what amounts to a very minute percentage of the world's population.

I'm quite happy being a heterosexual, yet why is it that I don't feel the need to walk around proclaiming it every single day, nor do I need to rant about how it's not my choice, or claim that I need preferential treatment, or demand new laws specifically for my protection?

If the homosexuals, Hollyweirdo's, and left wing mass media would just STFU about it, stop rubbing it in everyones face as if it's normal, stop expecting preferential treatment, and ultimately just go about living their lives, then perhaps they wouldn't have the time to worry about "acceptance" because they'd be too busy providing for themselves and loved ones, just like everybody else.

I believe that I have the right to dislike whomever I want without having to worry about offending a protected select few, i.e., if I were to one day get into an automobile accident that was clearly not my fault, which then turned into a physical altercation because the individual who hit me was intoxicated, why should I be subjected to additional scrutiny and additional charges if that motorist happened to be gay? If you're going to be an a-hole it doesn't matter to me if you're gay or not, you're still an a-hole, and I shouldn't have to worry about whether I can defend myself against or be offensive to said a-hole no matter what their sexual orientation is or what gender they currently "identify" themselves with.

In the end I trust nature as the ultimate authority of what is correct, as nature's been doing it's thing very successfully for millions and millions of years without our "guidance" or help; all we manage to do is pervert what which nature has provided us with, under the guise of "freedom of choice". A person's freedom is fine, just don't expect or force me to believe that another person's freedoms are fine with me, and don't deny me my own beliefs simply because they don't align with yours.

5. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

Homosexuality is about getting attention. If you're going to have relations with people of your same sex, then go do that with my blessings! I don't care, if that's what you want to do. Unfortunately, that's not what really happens.

Homosexuals need their parades, press conferences, "coming out", dressing in flamboyant clothing, swishy mannerisms and speech to mark themselves as being gay. If you just go on about your business, you'd get no flack from Flash.

I HIGHLY resent the media hype and constant efforts to focus MY attention on their Homosexual lives! THAT is what pixxes me off and it's why gays get no support from me!

Take it down the road. I'm tired of hearing about your gay lifestyle!

Flash

6. Guss

Guss

It wasn't that long ago that the full human genome was mapped out. Give it some time to figure out what does what. They are more recently getting into epigenetics which involves why some people's genes seem to be silent while others are active. Here is an example - https://www.nature.com/news/epigenetic-tags-linked-to-homosexuality-in-men-1.18530 .

7. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

There's not much wrong with the argument that if homosexuality were genetic, and if they can't reproduce, that they would become extinct except that the idea that a homosexual "gene" would be passed on to an entire race of homosexuals is pretty far fetched even as a speculation.

Homosexuals are most often born to heterosexuals, many with no known history of "Gayness" in the family and are always the end result of heterosexual sex, so yes, on the surface it wouldn't seem that it's not genetic, and therefore maybe we can assume that it's a learned behavior.

What's tricky though, is the question of how sexuality is "learned". I don't think it's learned in the same way people learn how tell time to or to tie their shoes and I think it's probably "learned" on a much deeper subconscious level.

In my own experience, I know for a fact that my sexuality was actually determined at a very early age. Nobody taught me to have romantic feelings towards the opposite sex but I had those feelings at a very young age and I had vivid dreams of being in love with a girl that I can still vaguely remember long before I even really liked girls. and I didn't learn that from watching movies because I grew up in the fifties and we didn't have a television until I was about seven years old and I had those dreams years before that.

I also don't think there is any choice involved once your sexual inclinations are established. I know I could have never choose to be gay after developing the strong feelings towards the opposite sex that I did from such a young age. And that leads me to believe that someone who is gay can not choose to be different.

And while I am completely tolerant of people's individual preferences (Takes all kinds to make a world) I don't believe in teaching young children in the public schools to focus on the subject of their sexuality and encourage them to have sex changes. That's carrying "Tolerance" to such an extreme that it's doing far more harm than good and it's being done by people (Liberals) for the primary purpose of making them feel good about themselves and morally superior to others.

JimWillson likes this.
  8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

No pun intended, of course.

slamdunc likes this.
  9. Guss

Guss

I don't know what you call "minute". As of 2014, surveys showed that 8.2% of American men had had a same-sex experience, and 8.7% of women. So yes, they are a minority, but not a minority to be ignored.

10. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

I'm sure I could probably poke mine in a light-socket but that wouldn't be natural, logical or enjoyable. I guess they get some kind of enjoyment out of it. so whatever blows your hair back.

I did have a homosexual set me straight on things about 15 years ago. He told me that they think just like heterosexuals in that they have a certain body-type, age range, etc. that they look for in another fellow. He quickly pointed out that just because a gay dude likes guys didn't mean that he would have any interest in me. I've never had a problem with them in my job or personal life, I just don't get it.

11. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

:dancing:

12. DrewBone

DrewBone

Admitting to having a homosexual experience doesn't equate to being a homosexual any more than admitting to painting one wall in your house makes you a portrait artist.

13. mtidaflash

mtidaflash

I in no way have led a sheltered life. Been all over the world numerous times, and I'm probably older than most on this forum. My point to this is I have never had a homosexual person "shove their beliefs in my face", "stuff their lifestyle down my throat", or any of the other complaints I keep hearing about this behavior. Not a single one has tried to force this on me or make me switch sides. I've never believed those that say this is constantly happening to them. Sure I see commercials and television shows with two men together, two woman together, etc., but I also see commercials where men and woman are a couple/married. When it's a regular man/woman couple is this trying to force the heterosexual lifestyle on someone? I certainly don't take it that way any more than I do a same sex couple. As far as a gay pride parade goes, I certainly would have no interest in going any more than most of those in attendance at a gay rally would want to go to a 2nd Amendment parade as was held recently in Virginia. That's the great thing about the United States of America. We can go to the rally/parade of our choice and shouldn't have to worry about people saying we are forcing our lifestyle on others.

KikoMonster, Jade Falcon and RichardB like this.
  14. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier NRA Benefactor

Aids is a Homosexual Disease. It began with one man who brought it from Africa. There have been 39 Million deaths attributed to this Pandemic. The Biblical history of Sodom reflects such history.

geo57, kwo and happyguy like this.
  15. MrS&W

MrS&W

So what if gay people want to be treated like everyone else? I'm still not getting it or why you care?

Jade Falcon likes this.
  16. MrS&W

MrS&W

More ignorance that is making some of you look like complete idiots. Aids did come from Africa and was scientifically linked to a species of chimpanzee. It crossed from them to humans most likely in the same way Ebola virus passed - via some Africans eating bush meat.

KikoMonster, Jade Falcon and hogarth like this.
  17. MrS&W

MrS&W

Even if it is a choice, so f'n what? They aren't hurting anyone else, and them being gay isn't infringing on anyone's rights. What they do in the bedroom and who they love isn't taking anything away from anyone in this thread.

I actually believe those who are obsessed and over the top about who two consenting individuals choose to love are actually trying to over compensate for something and aren't secure in their own manhood..

fg17, Jade Falcon and hogarth like this.
  18. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Do they just want to be treated like everyone else?

[​IMG]

19. kwo

kwo

This could be the death of the human race. ACDC males get the aids virus into the female population.

20. Guss

Guss

So it's no big deal, eh? Then don't sweat it.