Are Homosexuals born or made?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Vic777, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Vic777

Vic777

If Homosexuals are 'made' by environment, that would explain why they exist. Instead, If some males are born homosexual, if there is a Homosexual gene, wouldn't they have disappeared long ago? If it is a gene that must be inherited, since they don't reproduce (as a rule) wouldn't they have become extinct? So Homosexuality must be a learned behaviour. What's wrong with this argument?

Dog Soldier, Filhar, rfd339 and 3 others like this.
  2. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

3. NMG26

NMG26

Homosexuality is ideology. People are manipulated into thinking one particular ideology is right and another is wrong. It is hard for people to get past their bias. It is becoming normal to think nothing of it. Who cares? Be gay, be strait, get over it.

4. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

Not genetic or Inherited. Just different hormones at puberty probably.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Paul53 likes this.
  5. pokersamurai

pokersamurai

First, let me just say that I’ve seen no solid science to suggest that a “gay gene” exists, however; operating within the question that you posed, You’re assuming all gene abnormalities are inherited. Some genes abnormalities can be caused by random mutations. This would explain why a straight couple could have a gay child.

I think the bigger question is why do you care whether it’s an inherent trait or a learned one?

indie_rocker, Ahmid and overbored like this.
  6. varget

varget

fortunately I have never had to pay too much attention to this issue.

Syclone0538, rfd339, jcullen and 4 others like this.
  7. Jringo8769

Jringo8769

Well this is a loaded question
    No matter which side you take you will blasted by those in opposition
    If you do not side with them
    God help them all
    I know what I believe and know what is written in the Bible
    For everything is speculation as no one truly knows
    I have a very rare blood disease which was inherited from both of my birth parents that I just recently learned about after being very ill for over 12 years
    Without real proof there will never be a end to this question
    God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Lt. Donn, cheygriz and Gray_Rider like this.
  8. rainman33

rainman33

I always took “born” as just a misnomer for “didn’t choose” to be gay, whatever the reason.

Syclone0538 and nursetim like this.
  9. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

Don't know, don't care.

Equal rights for everyone, across the board, whether you're gay, straight, black, white, male, or female.

10. Tojo

Tojo

GOD said it is SIN. It is one's choice.

kwo, Turk3196, rfd339 and 13 others like this.
  11. Dave514

Dave514

I have known a number who were clearly born that way. A cousin was horrified by boy toys, always wanted to be "the mommy" playing house and 35 years later he's married to a man.

There may be a continuum and some may even choose.

It matters not whether they are born that way or make it a choice. I think they should be free to live how they like with other consenting adults.

Those who make a distinction in how legal, illegal, acceptable, etc... it is based on whether it's innate or a choice seem to miss the bigger picture about individual freedom.

12. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

All the time I spent in combat I didn't care what a person's sex interest, religion, color, political persuasion etc was. I only cared if they could do their job.
    Later in life I was in senior management for many years. I carried that same philosophy with me, and all my teams performed exactly to expectations.
    I still use that same mindset. I don't have to always like a person, I just want them to do their job to the best of their ability.
    All that matters is competency and integrity. Nothing else is my business.

13. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

IBTL
    Bettin No happy end for this thread
    upload_2020-2-16_21-47-16.gif

Gray_Rider and clancy like this.
  14. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

I have a friend I know who is gay, and we discussed this in depth one night at the bar. He says the thought of having sex with a woman is just as distasteful to him as it is to me thinking about sex with a man. He is just hard wired that way, as I am hard wired the way I am. Were it a choice, he certainly would not have taken a path that led him to being beaten up, to losing complete contact with his father, and actually being afraid to let some people know how he feels. I don't think for one minute it is a choice. There is just too much trauma that many gays have had to deal with to live that lifestyle by choice.

Sure the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. It says the same thing about adultery, but I don't know anyone who committed adultery who was disowned by their family for doing so.

15. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Are you asking for yourself??

16. Schrag4

Schrag4

Gotta agree. For the record, I'm leaning toward "born" that way. I have very little info to go on, but the one thing I do have I think is a doozy - I don't remember ever "choosing" to be straight, so I have to assume the same goes for being gay. I get that you can absolutely choose your behavior, but can you really choose who you're attracted to? I think not.

17. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

The idea that homosexuality is a choice is just not valid to me

Jbritt, bruscifer, Ahmid and 3 others like this.
  18. JimWillson

JimWillson Victim of public education

Seems to me not a choice - made (programmed) by genes or environment.

DAKA and bruscifer like this.
  19. Dynactus

Dynactus

My MIL has a cat that's homosexual. It's homosexual tendencies became more pronounced after she had him repaired. We tried to tell her this would happen, but she simply refused to listen. You can tell the cat is homosexual by the way it meows. It's kinda high pitched and always ends with a lisp. Also, he always holds his tail straight up. He's a real pretty cat, but doesn't seem to like to kill mice, or fight with the other tomcats. I think in the cat's situation it's a mixture of nature and nurture. She said that even as a kitten it seemed to have strong "tendencies" indicating a nature component. Additionally, the poor cat was raised by my MIL with no strong masculine influence, as my FIL has been dead for a number of years, indicating a nurture component. I've always believed in live and let live.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Borg Warner likes this.
  20. tommyhof

tommyhof

I firmly believe you're born that way. I spent 24 years in the navy and spent many days at sea, I never had the desire, oh forgot to mention this was when only men and boys (I started at 17) went to sea, had no desire to, well you know what. When guys like Rock Hudson would prefer a man when he could of had many a fine women I think that settled it for me.

PS: I have no ill will towards anyone, as long as they have no ill will towards me or my family

bruscifer and clancy like this.