close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are Glocks easier than other guns to shoot well?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mr00jimbo, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

My first gun was a Sig 9mm which I still have. I could never group it. I always thought i was such a horrible shot. Then I got my bone stock Glock 17, and I shoot it slightly to the left but with tight groups. Then I shoot the Sig 9 and it's like a buckshot pattern. :dunno:

Are Glocks easier to shoot well than other guns? The Sig is so smooth, fits my hand well and has a nice trigger.
    What gives. :whistling:
    Not saying my Glocks are better, but it's kind of annoying not to be able to shoot Sigs since I love them.

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I really like my Glock. I trust it with my life.

Truthfully, I don't think they are easier to shoot. If you do your part and learn, it is a great piece.

3. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I think they are easier. The trigger pull is always the same and I personal love them. I would rather teach a newbie on a glock than any other pistol!

4. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I find Glocks harder to shoot personally.

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Apples/Oranges/Pineapples.

Some folk cotton ta Sigs/Glocks/HKs,everyone has their own preference.I prefer a G23/27 or a 1911.Others like the Sig series,I've shot them and hit COM.HK and I don't get along.Not a shot at HK,I want a squeeze cocker bad.I just don't like the ergos on the USP/name your model here.It's kinda like ford/chevy fans.'08.

6. GlocK_W0rK

GlocK_W0rK

For some they are... for others, they're not. Depends entirely on the person.

7. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

For me 1911s are the easiest guns to shoot well.

8. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

hardest for me. I shoot my 92 the best.

9. bac1023

bac1023

10. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

I shoot my glocks better than my Sigs.

11. Rustin

Rustin

Same here. Single action triggers are the absolute best!

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Glocks are easier to shoot well than some other guns. In your case, it is pretty clear you need to learn the fundamentals of pistol shooting. If you own 1,000 guns it won't make you a shooter - spend your next gun money on some training. (No, you can't get it on the internet for free).

The most forgiving gun, as far as poor shooting skills, is the 1911 (which probably explains why it is even more popular with newbs and elderly gun magazine writers than skilled shooters).

13. Pmikeyg

Pmikeyg

+1

I sold both my Sig's to buy another 1911. I do shoot my Glocks pretty well though. Especially my G34.

I work at a local indoor range and find that most shooters that come in do not like Glock. I had a guy tell me that Glocks were all p.o.s's. I told him to give my G34 a go...he came out with a big smile on his face and is now searching for one!!!

14. Scamp

Scamp Geaux Tigers!

15. SouthernBoyVA

SouthernBoyVA

Not necessarily but then again, this is a very personal thing. How a particular gun works for one person may not be the same for another.

16. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Different people might have issues with different grips, trigger pull, sights, recoil, etc.

Hard to say which one is easiest for a given shooter. Generally, the larger guns are easier than the smaller ones.

Most handguns, except for some pocket guns, will shoot 4" groups at 25 yards, or even better. If the shooter isn't getting that result, I bet somebody can with that same gun :) Maybe not me or you, but somebody, because the average handgun is capable of it.

Not necessarily you, but it seems common for a newbie to think their handgun is broke or something :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  17. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I've seen a few 1911 shooters who essentially say after missing the entire IDPA target at 10 yards with their Glock that, "Glocks are nice guns but they just aren't as accurate as 1911's. My 1911 can hit the bullseye all day long at 50 yards."

As if it is the gun that's the problem! And I'm talking about experienced shooters :)

18. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it was. I tried a Taurus the same day and wasn't a fan because of where/how the trigger broke.

19. Bruce M

Bruce M

My guess is that with some training you could quickly get to the point where you shoot your Sig about as well as your Glock.

20. steve1988

steve1988

Some guns just fit very well with how people naturally shoot. I remember, as a novice shooter, shooting an M1A1. I was all over the place with it, but when I picked up the AR-15, I was shooting respectable groups immediately. The weapon just seemed to fit my body. I can't say that I am a competition shooter, but that is just my experience.