Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just down at Sportsman's Warehouse. They had a G35 in stock for $599. On future purchases, the price will be over $900.

G22's are presently going for $499 and will be raised to over $800.

:wow: WTF?

Is this an isolated distributor or are others seeing price increases as well?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was just down at Sportsman's Warehouse. They had a G35 in stock for $599. On future purchases, the price will be over $900.

Who told you the prices were going up? One of the employees?

·
Private side
11,509 Posts

Sounds like Sportsman's Warehouse is planning on making one hell of a profit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The price on anything gun related can be expected to do nothing except go up in price, but that sounds a little retarded. There must be a misunderstanding.

·
NRA Life Member
65,507 Posts

That is what we call "lying to you." Besides the outrageous prices, the employees are one more reason not to buy from Sportsman's Warehouse.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's a buddy. He is not lying. (I would have thought the same thing if I were you though.) He showed me the distributer web page with the massive increase in prices. I don't recall the name of the distributor.

·
Gaff G26 User!
2,392 Posts
The distributor is full of shayt...the prices have already gone up...about 40 to 50 bucks in most cases...and in a couple of years they might go up again. So did...and will...milk and peanut butter. Check your gas prices lately?

Glocks have gone up and will go up...but not by hundreds of dollars. At least not for a while. Who knows after Hussain's been in office for a few years. :upeyes:

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
In my area prices have already been ranging from $529.00 to $599.00. Most of the dealers aren't willing to move too much on the marked prices:crying:Glad I have what I already have from Glock, because if prices go to $900.00 I won't be buying anymore Glocks, or anything else. Just think what the other manufacturers, would raise their prices too! Won't be too many guns being sold by anyone:shocked: , unless you have money to burn:steamed:

·
636 Posts
Still 489.00 here

·
Registered
106 Posts
buddy!!!... doesn't sound like a buddy to me (maybe a salesperson, or someone that listens to a salesperson)... :popcorn:

·
Registered
30 Posts
They all went up around here, at least new ones coming in are $550 -$600 (standard sights)......used to be $459-$489(standard sights). Cabela's =$550, Gander mountain =$599, with just a few left at the local gun shops for under $500.

·
Shrug Life
2,454 Posts
about $500-$520 even here for 9mm, .40, .357.

$560-$600 for ACP or 10mm

the 'competition' glocks i believe are in the mid $600s

ill be damned if i've ever seen GAP, but i haven't looked terribly hard either.

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts

Nothing personal, I really don't know you, but I just don't believe this post..

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Everything is going to continue to go up. The US dollar is not worth a bucket of warm spit, to borrow a term from a great Texan, Sam Rayburn. 6 years ago a Canadian dollar was worth about $.75 US a little while back it was $1.50 US. I wonder what could have possibly happened.
At

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JUst got a call from my buddy who mentioned the unbelievable price hike to the store manager. It's all sorted out now. A G22 with adjustable sights is still a quite expensive $599.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Don't get screwed ................ Well on a gun price any way. Just go on Gun Broker or Guns America find the one you want and have yer dealer order it. It shouldn't cost more that $25.00 - $30- for his transfer fee. Or you can always scour a gunshow if that is an option. Now that I'm thinking of it there are dealers right here on this forum who will ship a gun right to your dealer locally.

You should know what the gun you want should cost within a few dollars, and not feel pressure from some $10.00 an hour clerk at the XYZ Gun Bazzar. Patience is a virtue. And it will sometimes save you a pile.
GOOD HUNTING.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts