Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Glock 78 or 81 field knife and I wondered if anyone has any experience with the quality of these knives. I know they are not the most expensive knives out there, but neither are Glock's guns, and they are still the best. Are there better knives in the $30 price range? Thanks in advance for any info!!!

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Theres alot better knives out there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I picked one up at Glockmeister the other day for $28. I'm just going to keep it in the glove compartment of my car. Its a darn good knife for that amount of money.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Being a hardcore Glock fan in the handgun world, I would say that Spyderco is the Glock of the knife world. Benchmade and Spyderco both hold my high regard, but I personally like Spyderco blades more.

I am especially a fan of the Endura and Delica lines. My EDC is a Spyderco Endura with Emerson Wave. There is no faster deployment of a knife from a pocket than this wave.

·
you son of a
1,403 Posts
I love mine. I carry it when hiking or doing yard work.

I love the gift idea.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The best "cheap" knife is the Mora. The blade is really good Swedish steel with a cheap but excellent plastic handle. You can get one for $8.00 and it will last a lifetime. I have had one for 25 years and it is still an excellent blade. Not a "combat" knife but who knows what that means anyway. If you want a fixed blade knife, I recommend the Mora.

If you want a folding knife, I have a CRKT "Desert Cruiser" that I bought for $15. You can get great deals on good knives if you shop around.

·
Federal Member
29,622 Posts
Glock knives can be used over & over. You don't need to "reload" a Glock knife.

:cool:

·
Banned
5,589 Posts
I have a GLOCK knife and I like it, but there are better knives out there, even for the same price, such as the cold steel bushman.

·
Registered
240 Posts
great...now I've got another thing to order and hide from my wife.:shocked:

for the record I like Gerber and Kbar

·
Random Mayhem
13,557 Posts
For the price, how can they be beat? They are excellent "hard use" knives. I prefer the Gerber e tool over the Glock e tool.

·
Light left on
3,786 Posts
Very Good general field knife for the money. Use it, get it scratched, gave one to deploying daughter, keep one in truck - I think I used it last to hack out an errant piece of tree root that was right in the path of tires as we would drive away from the practice range.

For the money, if you're even asking, go ahead and treat yourself.
:patriot:

·
12,970 Posts
They are good for the price, and no crying if you lose it. Not much on the edge, but for basic jabbing, prying and etc, they work fine.

·
NRA Benefactor
4,681 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts