Are any of you familiar with Hunter McGrady?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by catman71, Sep 23, 2020.

1. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Well, thankfully, there's all kinds and plenty to go around. :dancingbanana:

FullClip likes this.
  2. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

OR....... she could simply watch her caloric intake like most of the rest of the world and not have to resort to the things you listed. No one said she had to take on unhealthy behavior in order to maintain her weight.. I think the collective point is that she is grossly over-weight and the rest of the world should not clap for her. To tell her that she is "okay" as she is is encouraging her to continue with her current diet/situation. You want to talk about healthy... How long do you think she will live at her current weight? What about diabetes, heart disease, stroke, to counter what YOU listed above.. That's the CURRENT plan she is on.

Agreed. If a person was into whale-watching, I'm sure there's a Walmart near them that will keep them entertained for hours... with fresh meat coming in every minute of the day.

Detectorist, Squid1 and Upgrayedd like this.

3. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

4. Squid1

Squid1

Morbidly obese. Body mass index too high. (Unhealthy). I'd do her....

'Ol Grandad likes this.
  5. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Man whooore!

6. chuck73080

chuck73080

Smoking and drinking aren't healthy either, who made you the health police?

I don't think that there is an excuse for "Body Shaming" , especially using a passive aggressive excuse like "it's not healthy". I was body shamed as a child and so was my daughter. We both had "growth spurts", we put on weight and then grew. In a one year period 14/15 I grew 5" without gaining a pound. graduated high school in 1970, 17 years old, 6'5"/185#. I even looked good on TV with Chuck Woolery for two appearances in 1986 and a reunion episode a few years later.

7. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

Johnny, ever seen a grown man naked?

8. chuck73080

chuck73080

You are absolutely right, my story doesn't matter, however each one of those ladies has a story, and theirs do matter. Sadly they are being judged solely by the way they look. It's as if they have no human rights, just because they don't excite a very shallow portion of the population.

9. nmk

nmk

10. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

I agree 100% that's why I DON'T SMOKE. Wherein did I say I was the "health police"? You offered some rather aggressive methods of not being a fat-ass and I simply countered with what works for the REST OF THE WORLD. Those are personal decisions for each and every one of us. If you want to poison YOUR body-I have no problems with that.. However, DON'T YOU EVER TRY AND FORCE ME TO BELIEVE THAT THAT TYPE OF BEHAVIOR IS NORMAL OR ACCEPTABLE. That's horse poopy.. It's only NORMAL for those who have no self control. It's only NORMAL for those who lack any form or personal responsibility. It's only NORMAL for those selfish people who can't think past what they want for themselves every moment of the day. My mother DIED... SLOWLY... While we changed her oxygen tanks, and her diapers, over a period of 3 years because she just had to have her cigarettes. Don't you even begin to preach to me about smoking being "a healthy choice". The results of smoking are often left in the hands of the care-givers who have to take care of selfish, self-centered, A-holes, who could not think of anyone, or anything, other than themselves, and what they wanted.

Oh no? So, you want us all to gather around and clap for you folks who REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your own actions? NOT! Get a clue. YOU are responsible for YOU being over-weight. No one else.. Suck it up buttercup.. You cannot blame anyone else but that person staring back at you from the mirror. I won't make concessions for you, and create a social class for you, simply because you are too weak to do what is right for yourself. You can be whatever you want to be in this world.. I'll support whatever decision you make... But don't you DARE point a finger at me when I, or other people, don't agree with the choices that you make, or judge you for those decisions... That's ALL ON YOU.. No one else. Your, and your daughters, situation is ONLY on the two of you... Blame others if you like. If that's what it takes to make you feel better about your station in life.. Do what you gotta do.. Just realize that I did not put a spoon, or fork, in your face.. YOU did that..

Let me get a tissue and wipe my eyes... Okay.. I was being facetious. F'em.. They put the spoon, or fork, or buttered roll, or cinnamon bun in their FAT faces... Did I do that? Nope.. Did I contribute in any manner to their obesity? Nope. So.... tell me...... who put them in the position that they are in to be "judged by the way they look"? Who did that? I can't hear you.. Please stop stuttering and SPEAK UP! WHO PUT THEM IN THAT POSITION? Right.... Exactly... Take your piss-poor excuses about your life, or other fatty's lives, not being on track and point it right back at the responsible parties. You think I don't want to eat like a wild man? I do. You think I want to get up in the mornings and run 3 miles every day? I really don't. You think I want to limit what I can eat in a day? I don't.. But... those things are important to me-lest I be judged by my peers... So I do what I have to do. See how that works? No.. You really don't.. You just want everyone else to cheer for the fatty's in this world like they accomplished some great goal in life.. Stuffing your face and having the fat rolls to verify it is NOT success... Sorry bro. Not buying it. You can try and dress it up and sell it anyway you like... But either your sales skills need to improve, or your product needs to change.. Be judged for what you look like.. That's the society we live in.. YOU won't change society. The only thing you have control over is YOUR APPEARANCE. Which of those two things can YOU change? Right... Just go on blaming everyone else and in 5 years, or 10 years, let's see where that has gotten you..

chuck73080 likes this.
  11. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

12. bdcochran

bdcochran

SI is going for the chubby chasers and cross dressers - a sure sign that SI is dying.

catman71 likes this.
  13. chuck73080

chuck73080

You're yelling at the wrong guy. I'm not making excuses for the way I look, I'm also not telling you what to do with your health or lack thereof. It would be nice if you weren't so quick to judge other people.

I know why I'm overweight and you are right, I chose a career that for the last 20 years has been fairly sedentary, 48 years ago when I started driving gas trucks the work was a lot more physical, but the last 17 years there was very little physical labor hauling meat and produce in reefers. I normally worked about 100 hours a week, drove 160,000 miles/year and I had a bad habit of only eating once a day. The worst thing I did was drink energy drinks when I had to stay awake at night, which was not good for my blood pressure. And when you weren't driving or loading/unloading you got to maintain the truck, keep records, bill customers.... This was a life I chose, I was very good at it. 3 1/2 million miles with no chargeable accidents over 45 years of driving, 26 of which was driving gas trucks in the Los Angeles area. I am the one responsible, I can handle that, I promise I won't ask you for your understanding. I will carry my own cross.

Thankfully, I never smoked, drank or used illegal drugs, at the same time I know I won't live as long as my 92 year old father.

Also, I hope I never judge other people by the way they look.

14. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6 Fullclip's Life Matters! FLM!!

We are talking about MODELS.

to make it simple for you to understand, it would be like the world's strongest man competition including this guy, and then the judges agree to allow him to use a bicycle tire for the tire flip competition and a wooden broom for the Log press ...

images.jpeg

NJ1911 likes this.
  15. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

No, that's not healthy. And none of the other girls I work with do that.
    But overweight isn't healthy either.

What is also not healthy is a wildly fluctuating weight, up and down. The best thing to do (if you want a long career in this business) is to maintain your ideal "camera" weight with diet and exercise. I keep mine at ±3 lbs.

Plus size models have always been around, for exactly the reason you stated. It's all about selling clothes to a specific market.

But SI is not in the business of selling clothes. In the real world, you won't find many overweight swimsuit models.

You're right, but it's a little different for models. Remember that the camera adds weight. So your "camera" weight is a lot less than your "normal" weight (generally 10 - 15 lbs). That's why BF keeps trying to feed me cheeseburgers LOL.

chuck73080 likes this.
  16. chuck73080

chuck73080

I don't need it simple, I happen to be fairly intelligent, what we are discussing has nothing to do with handicapping competition for the lowest common denominator. When you or anyone else here objectify and ridicule a woman, because she does not satisfy your preconceived notion of beauty and then have the audacity to use the excuse of "it's not healthy" to justify your sexist behavior, I find it offensive.

My use of the phrase "So, the starvation diets, purging, bulimia, and drug use that many models resort to is healthy?" referred to a common problem written about women and highlighting competition between models, who are trying to mold their body into what they think men will find attractive. Somehow not one of you thought about how the women you lusted over achieved the looks you approve of.

What they don't understand is that a really good man wants to know WHO they are, not WHAT they are.

G26-Has-my-6, let me make this simple so you can understand, you are a man with a short fuse and a superior vision of yourself. I never should have wasted my time after discovering that you have the intellect and maturity of a child. It's good that you exercise and watch your weight, because it seems to be the only GOOD thing about you.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020