GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
"Amazing trigger" is a subjective statement. The trigger is good enough but like anything else, it could be better. I wish it had a pre-travel and over-travel adjustment and shorter reset. But it's ok at best! Better than a stock Glock trigger for sure! Out of 40 plus, USPSA matches and local shooting event's I have yet to see an Archon Type B is being used :crying:
You are the 1st person I have even heard that thought the Archon type B trigger as just ok at best. It has a nice short reset. Trigger is about 3lbs. You have your opinion. It’s a striker gun. I don’t put all the BS on a combat pistol. I like the Archon B, Salient Tier 1 strike one, and Glock 34 G5. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You are the 1st person I have even heard that thought the Archon type B trigger as just ok at best. It has a nice short reset. Trigger is about 3lbs. You have your opinion. It’s a striker gun. I don’t put all the BS on a combat pistol. I like the Archon B, Salient Tier 1 strike one, and Glock 34 G5. Just my opinion.
It's a good trigger, I wouldn't say it's the best on a "striker fired" pistol though. To say that's about "3lbs" is indicative that you have used a digital gauge to measure the actual pull weight. Don't get me wrong it's good, not trying to discredit your opinion. But what I'm saying is that the trigger could be way better. But then again, no firearm is perfect we all have our own opinions on what "we" think its best. Some of those opinions are based on pure fanfare and marketing while others are based on actual facts. Just my opinion brother~ I love my Archon Type B, and it has a trigger job, along with some other modifications but it mainly sits in the safe. For competitive shooting, I use a CZ S2 Orange and Regular S2 in the CO Division in USPSA and I also shoot Open Division with the PT Honcho and PCC division with the Sig MPX Gen 2. You can't compare the trigger of the Shadow 2 or 2011 against any striker-fired pistol. That's just a fact. Striker fired pistols have their place don't get me wrong and they serve a purpose. But serious competitive shooters prefer DA/SA triggers and SA triggers and for a good reason. However, striker-fired pistols have their place too... Personal preference at the end, use what works best for your needs and intended purpose~

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It's a good trigger, I wouldn't say it's the best on a "striker fired" pistol though. To say that's about "3lbs" is indicative that you have used a digital gauge to measure the actual pull weight. Don't get me wrong it's good, not trying to discredit your opinion. But what I'm saying is that the trigger could be way better. But then again, no firearm is perfect we all have our own opinions on what "we" think its best. Some of those opinions are based on pure fanfare and marketing while others are based on actual facts. Just my opinion brother~ I love my Archon Type B, and it has a trigger job, along with some other modifications but it mainly sits in the safe. For competitive shooting, I use a CZ S2 Orange and Regular S2 in the CO Division in USPSA and I also shoot Open Division with the PT Honcho and PCC division with the Sig MPX Gen 2. You can't compare the trigger of the Shadow 2 or 2011 against any striker-fired pistol. That's just a fact. Striker fired pistols have their place don't get me wrong and they serve a purpose. But serious competitive shooters prefer DA/SA triggers and SA triggers and for a good reason. However, striker-fired pistols have their place too... Personal preference at the end, use what works best for your needs and intended purpose~
Good post. Thanks for the detail. I can see what you are saying and your point of view makes sense. You had mentioned subjectivity on triggers. You are right. Triggers are so different and we all like different styles.

·
Registered
125,267 Posts
Try the Salient Strike One trigger sometimes.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Try the Salient Strike One trigger sometimes.
You were the one that pushed me over the edge to get one. I am glad too. Salient Tier 1 strike 1 is at another level but so is the price...lol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts