Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still working on planning my AR9 Pistol Project(s). I've pretty much decided on Glock Mags. Now the question is Last Round Bolt Hold Open worth the extra money. The only AR9 that I've shot didn't have it, but I didn't really do run & gun with reloads. What say ye?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Mine doesn’t have it, but it sounds to me like it would be worth it, to you. How much extra are we talking?

·
Registered
21,840 Posts
I wouldn't want one without it.

Have you checked out the new Ruger Charger PCC? Takes Glock mags, looks ARish, and has LRBHO.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Mine doesn’t have it. Doesn’t bother me at all. Get what makes you happy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Core 15 Hardcore C9 has the LRBHO option. I like it but, like porschedog said, get what makes you happy.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Would bother me not to have it.

Reactions: B C

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would want it to act just like an AR platform. Similar controls, ejection, port, And round bolt hold back. You may want something different, Build it Exactly how you want.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I just built a foxtrot mike and they no longer have that feature.
I just built a Foxtrot Mike in January with an FM stripped lower ordered from Aim Surplus and it had LRBHO. FM Products prides themselves on having the best LRBHO on the market so it would really surprise me if they deleted it. I checked their website and facebook page and eveything still shows it.
20200214_161006.jpg

20200215_002436.jpg

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Foxtrot Mike also offers a LRBHO in their .45/10 lowers.

I have both, and don't miss it on the ones that don't have it.

·
Super Moderator
20,036 Posts
I will mention that if your platform DOESN'T lock open after the last shot, when it closes on an empty mag, it may occasionally chomp/gouge/damage any magazine follower that sits too high in the mag body (bolt will mash it against the feed ramp area). I mostly see this with the older Glock 10-shot mags, but I've seen it occasionally with full-cap Glock mags, and aftermarket mags, too.

As DocPoison mentioned, if you're already trained to run a standard M16/AR-15 platform, leaving off one of the controls you're used to using probably isn't the best idea for training/use consistency.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I do not run loads hot enough for it to engage. No big deal, my MP5 does not have bolt hold open either.

If yo uare going to get it, get the one with all the parts on the lower, and not the one that uses the upper to hold open.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Neither of mine have it because it wasn't a thing back then. I don't miss it since reloading on the clock is rare.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just built a Foxtrot Mike in January with an FM stripped lower ordered from Aim Surplus and it had LRBHO. FM Products prides themselves on having the best LRBHO on the market so it would really surprise me if they deleted it. I checked their website and facebook page and eveything still shows it.
I bought my upper from AIM on blackfriday. Maybe I got screwed?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
The Foxtrot Mike has the LRBHO in the lower so their upper doesn't have anything to do with it. If you have an FM lower as well, it should have a lifter at the top front of the magwell that the mag followed hits and then lifts up a cam that runs outside the lower and lifts the bolt hold open. If you don't have an FM lower, you're at the mercy of whoever made your lower.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts