Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built my wife a AR9 pistol some years back and was a total mixed part pistol but ran great . About 3 or 4 months ago after my wife got some range time with my Heinz 57 as mix parts AR15 carbine my wife asked if I could changes hers 223.5.56 so at the time I decided to try a PSA 10.5 upper that was priced right and it runs fine , shoots well with no issues .

Now I've have a complete 9mm upper that's been setting around since along with a heavy buffer , spring , nbs colt adaptor and older 9mm trigger group .

Heres the rub with PSA now . I order a 9mm pistol colt mag lower , showed to be in stock but a week later no follow up on shipping or back order after two e-mails . So I told them if they have no colt 9mm pistol lower in stock or going out in the next few days just cancel the order . They confirmed the cancellation quickly , with in 2 hours ! So I'm done with PSA .

Local gun shop stocks Anderson lower and ar15 part kits along with an extra 500 round box of norma 223 for 179 bucks . Just ordered a 9mm bolt release I seems to have miss placed for good and going to try the Thordsen pistol kit since I needed a new buffer tube too . Just finish assembly on the rest of the lower . Should have built it piece by piece as I have done by now .

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
So they canceled the order quickly.
They most probably sold out during the time you placed the order.
They probably have not had the chance to work through all the orders. Kinda seems like people are buying guns like crazy right now for some odd reason.

You are upset because they canceled your order quickly but did not ship quick enough?

Or are you upset because you had to build an upper?

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
It took me nearly 7 months to buy all the parts needed to build my New Frontier Armory C5. Most of that was spent waiting on receivers.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I bought a lower from PSA a few weeks back, and at that time they had a big banner on their home page stating that serial number items could take up to two weeks to ship. It did, but other than the advertised delay, I had no other issues.

Just checked, they still have the banner, but it now says 5 days (longer for S/N items) for shipping.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To see if this little 9mm going to work I pulled the SB , pistol tube and spring off my wifes pistol added my heavy buffer to it and screw to the 9mm lower and went out back to see if it ran ! Yep burned thru the first 30 rounds just fine . Thordsen Custom ,good folks . Order this AM and shipped my standard cheek rest kit with in a few hours - That's good business . Put my wifes parts back on her AR15 pistol so not a big deal now .

I'll check out Quarter Circle 10 for future orders . Thanks

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If you deal with PSA long enough, you're gonna have issues. I've gone elsewhere and am satisfied with my decision. The PSA stuff I have all runs great after some work in a couple of cases. I won't get rid of anything, but won't buy anything else from them. YMMV

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ronin.45 Not mad just more like discussed over PSA not stating a product shown to be in stock and now on back order with an option ? But they charged my credit card and with no follow up on shipping and a tracking number after 6.5 days . Then with no reply to a couple e mails for a few days . If its going to be delayed a week or two , state that but that's where communication ended for 6.5 days ago but with one more email asking if my item ordered has an update like in stock and in shipping tell me if not available just cancel my order and received a reply in 2.5 hours later !! Order Canceled - item order not available now .
If a standard item is no longer available state that in a reply but don't charge my card with nothing available to ship and they did that . They say it will take up to 5 days to credit my card back !!

That just bad business .

·
NRA Life Member
13,381 Posts
I've got stuff on backorder from Larue for almost two months. Same with Nightforce… Things are tough right now for a lot of reasons. Supply chains aren't working due to Covid shutdown for one. Be patient.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I've got stuff on backorder from Larue for almost two months. Same with Nightforce… Things are tough right now for a lot of reasons. Supply chains aren't working due to Covid shutdown for one. Be patient.
I'm waiting on Aero Precision parts since 4/30 (non-ffl items).

Buy during a panic, get panic processing times.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IF these companies tell you that and your good with it then fine but don't charge my credit card and avoid saying anything !! Anyhow Go most of what I needed locally for a better price or have coming via UPS all ready !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts